Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Daily anxiety

Re: Daily anxiety

I think if Nora wants to try then we should let her. We’ve all tried too, and even though we failed - we still hope that one thing would get through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think if Nora wants to try then we should let her. We’ve all tried too, and even though we failed - we still hope that one thing would get through.
    I'm not saying not to. I'm just trying to save her the same frustration so many others have experienced here and on several other forums that Phil posts on. for 14+ years here and for years previous Phil has been suffering from severe mental illness. At this point, its safe to assume his illness is terminal and nothing said in a virtual format is helping and in fact, anything said, including this reply is just food for his dragon. I have a gut feeling, years from now, even after I'm long gone from this earth, Phil will be posting the same things.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fair warning, Nora, last time I made a concerted effort to help Phil I got a passive-aggressive PM when he decided he was leaving the site again.

I appreciate your compassion and patience, but please don't blame yourself if you hit a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sorry to sound pedantic Nora, but Phil may have already suffered from HA long before he first signed up to this site back in 2006, and it could very well have been only then that he first discovered this site.
    I've had HA since I was a small child, Len. I just didn't know it was HA then, or when I was a teenager, or even into adulthood. It was only when I had the mental breakdown in 2016 that I understood what the issue was and once this happened I could see the pattern right back to being about 5 years old - 'incidentally when school started. So, I can appreciate that 14 years on here with Phil may not be the whole story, and this is another reason why I want to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm not saying not to. I'm just trying to save her the same frustration so many others have experienced here and on several other forums that Phil posts on. for 14+ years here and for years previous Phil has been suffering from severe mental illness. At this point, its safe to assume his illness is terminal and nothing said in a virtual format is helping and in fact, anything said, including this reply is just food for his dragon. I have a gut feeling, years from now, even after I'm long gone from this earth, Phil will be posting the same things.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fishmanpa, I appreciate where you're coming from. I do feel frustrated, yes. He isn't helping himself and that's where he and I are very different.

However..

I don't know what it's like not to have a mental health disorder. I've had mental health issues since I was 5 years old, and a brain that has been at odds with this world since birth. I'm always going to empathise with people like Phil because I recognise a lot of my own issues in him.

One problem is that it's easier to do nothing than to work against your own brain and for many people it can be the case that it serves them to stay in the state they're in, and this can be at a conscious or subconscious level. Maybe this is the case with Phil? There is comfort in familiarity - which is why some people choose to stay in the mire than to try and haul themselves out. It is much harder to help yourself with a brain that is wired up differently than 'the norm'. This could the situation here, as in we are throwing him the metaphorical lifebuoys but he's not making any attempt to grab on because the fear of change, and the effort required, is just too much for him to contemplate?

Where I come from there is a lovely old fella called Neil Baldwin (Nello) you might have seen the film Marvellous? It's his biography. Neil has learning disabilities but he's had a remarkable life - so remarkable that they made a film about him, and the stand out line in that film is this: I always wanted to be happy so I decided to be. The power of this sentence is mind-blowing to me. It doesn't matter what shit life throws at us - we can choose our response. This might be harder with a brain that's damaged, or different, but this remarkable man chose happiness over wallowing in self-pity - and he didn't allow his disabilities to stop him from achieving his goal - which was simply to be happy.

I would be over-the-moon if Phil was to take some notice of what I say, but even if nothing I say goes in, maybe it will help him a little to know that somebody on here has an understanding of him? Because loneliness to me is being in a room full of people of not one of them understanding you.

My latest symptoms have been feeling weak or numb on my feet? Eventually it passes and being focused on my breathing like I feel more aware of it or like a strain? Are these anxiety symptoms?

Could have something to do with vaccines and masks. Might want to read THIS.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-01-21 at 23:38.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

One of my most common ones is I worry I am not breathing right. Often too fast that I am burping or lots of air often leads to bloating or burping ect anybody else have this? Often the breathing one can last a few hours? Another symptom is I feel I can thinking but sort of detached from things anybody have this?

The breathing can be heavy or heavy chest but often this symptom comes from the covid worry about shortness of breath I think and people needing oxygen. I often worry I am not getting enough air? But yeah I can spend hours worrying about breathing

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    One of my most common ones is I worry I am not breathing right.
    That's because you're not breathing right Phil.

Often too fast that I am burping or lots of air often leads to bloating or burping ect anybody else have this?
    There's a good free breathing exercise on the Calm app - maybe try that?

This is very common with anxiety. Come on Phil, you're an anxiety pro by now?

Often the breathing one can last a few hours?
    Because you're focused on it..

Another symptom is I feel I can thinking but sort of detached from things anybody have this?
    Depersonalisation, you mean?

The breathing can be heavy or heavy chest but often this symptom comes from the covid worry about shortness of breath I think and people needing oxygen. I often worry I am not getting enough air? But yeah I can spend hours worrying about breathing
    My HA started when I was a child because my grandad couldn't breathe properly. Anxiety causes us to breathe too shallowly or too fast or we hold our breathe (etc) which creates symptoms and then our HA minds makes a connection that isn't actually there.

If you've ever watched someone struggle to take a breath, you're own chest will tighten. Blokes can have phantom pregnancies - that's the sort of shit your mind can do!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information