Thread: Restarting my new year's resolution to beat health anxiety

Restarting my new year's resolution to beat health anxiety

How's your new year's resolution to conquer your health anxiety going?

Personally, mine has been a disaster so far, but I'm trying to get back on track now.

It's been a really tough time these past few weeks with the awful bushfires and my dad having major surgery.

As a result I couldn't see my therapist and have been driving myself and my family around the bend.

I've been stressing big time about dementia, then the long term effects of exposure to the bushfire smoke (we had the worst air quality in the world for days and days), then that became a fixation about me getting the lung disease that killed my mother. Now something's going on with my feet and I've fallen down the MS rabbit hole. I've had the feeling for a few weeks that my big toe and maybe the top of my foot is numb, but when I touch it I'm not convinced it is or maybe it's just a little bit. I've been pricking my feet with a pin to check and all the obsessing has resulted in both feet tingling and burning, especially at night. I've had a nagging sore hip for a few years that's flared up recently, so I'm hoping that's related to the foot/toe thing.

I can't see my GP for 4 weeks which I'm going to take as a blessing and restart my new year's resolution and not Google anything health related, quit caffeine and sugar, increase my exercise, go to bed early and generally stay busy.

Anyone else want to start fresh with their resolution to beat health anxiety?

Re: Restarting my new year's resolution to beat health anxiety

A noble and positive approach! Perhaps get someone in real life to help hold you accountable and keep you on track.

Good going and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information