Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I maintain weight

How do I maintain weight

Hiya, I am managing my anxiety quite well.. Few bad days here n there. Question is... Any tips 9n how to keep my weight up, its dropping off dramatically and at around 9stone can't afford to lose much more... Eating little n often and suffering anemia too, so it's becoming hard

Re: How do I maintain weight

Well, eat more.....?

It's probably a good idea to start tracking exactly what you eat so you know what baseline you're working from. What do you usually eat in a normal day?

I eat fairly well and take advantage of what I call good days, when I can manage the nausea
    Breakfast, snacks on break like crumpets, full pasta and salad for lunch and a full dinner for tea!!, that's without snacks in between... It just seems like my body completely burns any calories I top up with x

That's just a vague list of the kind of foods you eat in a day.

You also didn't mention having struggles with eating and nausea, so this is pointing squarely at under eating.

'Full' pasta and 'full' dinner are meaningless in isolation. I think it would be a good idea for you to actually weigh and measure what you're eating to make sure you're getting enough calories in. Weight loss and gain isn't solely due to calories, but it's the best place to start.

If you're just about eating at maintenance levels on most days but then under eating on days that you struggle to eat, you'll continue to lose weight.

Once you know exactly what your weekly/monthly calorie intake is, only then can you start to really make a plan.

I would ask the doctor for a referral to a dietitian who can help and keep it all healthy

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I would ask the doctor for a referral to a dietitian who can help and keep it all healthy
    I agree. It really is as simple as caloric intake vs. caloric expenditure but eating properly is vital to maintaining your health.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for replies, a little abrupt to say the least...

How are they abrupt?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Stronglady View Post
    Thanks for replies, a little abrupt to say the least...
    What exactly do you want us to say, and in what manner? What do you expect from this post?

Join WW.
    Download the app.
    Set yourself to Healthy Habits. (NOT for weight loss)
    Follow the plan, track your foods.

I promise you it will be eye opening and teach you a healthy pattern of eating.

WW it's a beautiful tool to help you eat well and be healthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information