Thread: Anxiety?

Anxiety?

I have had a horrendous Xmas and Jan with high anxiety and panic attacks.

I have over the last few weeks had looser bowel movements, that are not really formed and kinda fluffy. Coupled with that I have had a hip problem which I have been sorting out which is all good but have now got a bit of lower back ache.

I actually can’t keep up with the amount of stuff I am worrying about on a weekly basis. Now it’s my bowel movements!!

Assuming and knowing this, anxiety and stress can be the culprit of these issues I am having?

Re: Anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauz View Post
    I have high anxiety and panic attacks.
    Assuming and knowing this, anxiety and stress can be the culprit of these issues I am having?
    Absolutely ! A lot of folks with anxiety issues can and do have GI issues. For some,myself included, once the anxiety is taken care of, the GI/bowel problems can clear up. When my anxiety is high, it crushes my stomach and causes other gastric issues..

Thank you!! My rational side is here today haha and I can totally rationalize that my anxiety is not making any of this better.

But when my irrational side shows face, it is so hard to not let it get on top of me and the overthinking and worry takes control.

Wind back 2 or so weeks ago and I am pretty sure this was a non issue.

GI issues suck hey! I didn’t realize how linked the gut mind really are!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauz View Post
    GI issues suck hey! I didn’t realize how linked the gut mind really are!
    Very much so ! When your anxiety is high, be sure to eat small meals, healthy foods, stay away from high acid or deep fried foods, as stomach acids spikes under anxiety and or stress...

Thread Information