Thread: Does anyone else have inverted nipples?

Does anyone else have inverted nipples?

I have inverted nipples for as long as I remember.

It is not that I am worried about though. I noticed yesterday some whiteish yellow discharge in one of them and a bit in the other. I think I have had this previously but just assumed it’s normal etc.

However, I notice that sometimes they are kinda “sweaty” (bleh sorry) and the left more than the right.

I think the discharge starts clear and goes whiteish. Could this possibly be sweat? I’m tearing my hair out here because I’m so sure this is cancer as “clear discharge” is a cancer symptom and my discharge when I un-invert the nipple is clear.

I’m so so scared and have spent hours online researching again and can feel myself spiralling. I will go to the doctors but unless they send me for an ultrasound I won’t feel any better.

Thank you for reading

Re: Does anyone else have inverted nipples?

Do you have children? I randomly get discharge sometimes and my doctor told me the only thing to ever worry about it blood. Also, while clear discharge CAN be a sign of cancer, it's almost always not cancer. I just googled for you and read that only 9% of people over 50 with clear discharge had cancer. 91% of the time it was something else. And, it's a lot more common for it to be from only one breast when it's cancer and it sounds like you've had some from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Do you have children? I randomly get discharge sometimes and my doctor told me the only thing to ever worry about it blood. Also, while clear discharge CAN be a sign of cancer, it's almost always not cancer. I just googled for you and read that only 9% of people over 50 with clear discharge had cancer. 91% of the time it was something else. And, it's a lot more common for it to be from only one breast when it's cancer and it sounds like you've had some from both sides.

Thank you for replying.
    I do have a 2 year old but didn’t breastfeed.

I’m becoming obsessed over them again and as they aren’t exactly symmetrical it’s driving me crazy :(

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post
    Thank you for replying.
    I do have a 2 year old but didn’t breastfeed.

I’m becoming obsessed over them again and as they aren’t exactly symmetrical it’s driving me crazy :(
    I think even just having given birth and produced milk even temporarily can make it more likely to have this happen. Maybe give you gyn a call? This is probably a question they could answer in a matter of minutes and put your mind a ease!

Thread Information