Thread: Bipolar meds

Bipolar meds

I am having a review of my bipolar meds soon. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience if being on Resperidone. I had a small break down in 2005 and went on them came off them for ten years and in 2016 I had a breakdown when I had to go into hospital as I sort of lost my mind and seemingly it was a bipolar episode. I don’t suffer with bipolar daily but wondering if they will keep me on these meds long term as I have been told different over the years. They reduced them down to 1mg they have floated the idea of more reductions but as I have been fine for 4 years they haven’t done much lately. Should I be coming off them to avoid the side affects or should I be sticking to them?

Re: Bipolar meds

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Bipolar meds

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Should I be coming off them to avoid the side affects or should I be sticking to them?
    I'm not sure that a couple of incidents a decade apart warrant long term medication, but your GP/psychiatrist is better placed to make that call.

Thread Information