Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!! Freaking out again!!

Re: Please Help!! Freaking out again!!

Antibiotics destroy all your gut bacteria, good and bad. Stomach issues are common afterwards.

Take a couple of months worth of good quality probiotics and eat plenty of veg every day (that's what good bacteria feed from).

The risk of antibiotic-related diarrhea lasts for 3+ months after completing the antibiotic. Also, as I said on another of your posts, there is a very, very good chance many of your symptoms are fibroid-related. My first stop would be to the gyn to have an ultrasound and see if they've grown. I have had every symptom you've mentioned as a result of mine, including back pain. It's still not ideal, of course, but you can feel relieved that it's nothing more sinister and rationally plan how you want to handle the situation.

[QUOTE=ankietyjoe;1923097]Antibiotics destroy all your gut bacteria, good and bad. Stomach issues are common afterwards.

Take a couple of months worth of good quality probiotics and eat plenty of veg every day (that's what good bacteria feed from).[/QUOT

Yes but why am I having lower back pain with it ??? If it was just stomach issues I wouldn't be so worried. The back pains comes on with the diarrhea

I no longer think it's my fibroids. It's definitely colon related

[QUOTE=always scared;1923102]
    Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Antibiotics destroy all your gut bacteria, good and bad. Stomach issues are common afterwards.

Take a couple of months worth of good quality probiotics and eat plenty of veg every day (that's what good bacteria feed from).[/QUOT

Yes but why am I having lower back pain with it ??? If it was just stomach issues I wouldn't be so worried. The back pains comes on with the diarrhea

Because your lower back is right next to the part of you that was carpet bombed with antibiotics.

Stop catastrophising.

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    I no longer think it's my fibroids. It's definitely colon related
    Just because you don't think it's fibroid related doesn't mean it's not! The bulk of my fibroid symptoms are bowel related. I get horrific gas, bloating, pelvic pain, back pain, constipation, diarrhea, rectal pressure, etc... all from the fibroids.

I'm trying real hard not to freak out here but I'm really scared.

I am having a lot of stomach issues still and am totally terrified it's colon cancer.

Time line of medication I've been on.
    January 6, I started Clindamycin for a toothache and I was under extreme stress with family issues

January 16 I started 10 mg of Lexapro

It is now February 2nd and I'm still having horrible stomach problems. Lots of gas with pains on both sides and flank pain and lower back pain. Very noisy stomach. Stools are all over the place but mostly loose and thin and small. Also my acid reflux is bad again. I've never had these kinds of pains before and they're really scaring me.

How's your husband doing?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    How's your husband doing?

Positive thoughts
    He's doing good

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    He's doing good
    Tell me more.... Surgery still scheduled for the 20th? What is the prognosis? Have the doctors set out a game plan in the mean time? .....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information