Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Convinced I have Crohn's disease

Re: Convinced I have Crohn's disease

I cried a little reading this

Bowel problems can be so deliberating, I suspect that I have IBS and although I rarely go out, when I do I have to do it timed around my bowel because everything is so unpredictable and I have a fear of having whatever pain, or needing to go, in public

For you, you go out a lot and it must be so annoying and frustrating having these problems. And not being able to eat your favourite foods

I hope you get it sorted... but yeah, as others have said, Crohn's isn't a death sentence

I took the antibiotic and actually feel worse, still have very painful cramps in the bowel area and can't sleep because the symptoms wake me up. Also the past few days having very loud, embarassing gut sounds. So far the only thing the doctor ordered was a re-do of the stool test, I feel like he is not taking me seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I cried a little reading this

Bowel problems can be so deliberating, I suspect that I have IBS and although I rarely go out, when I do I have to do it timed around my bowel because everything is so unpredictable and I have a fear of having whatever pain, or needing to go, in public

For you, you go out a lot and it must be so annoying and frustrating having these problems. And not being able to eat your favourite foods

I hope you get it sorted... but yeah, as others have said, Crohn's isn't a death sentence
    that sound exactly like IBS

I got my second stool test back and the infection is gone. But I’m still having symptoms. Diarrhea several times a week, loud stomach gurgling, and cramping, especially pain in left side. Now I’m back to thinking I have an IBD or something else. Maybe the infection triggered it.

Once again this all sounds like IBS take a probotic, also have your magnesium levels checked and look up FODMAP for IBS

I hate how my brain works. I had a CT scan that came back normal but in the back of my mind I still keep thinking it could be an IBD. I found out my cousin has UC which has added to my doubts. My symptoms still haven’t gone away. I know it’s probably IBS, especially with all the anxiety I have been feeling. My doctor said it’s unlikely since the inflammatory markers in my blood and stool tests were normal, but I have heard of people who were only diagnosed with a colonoscopy when everything else was normal. The doctor said there’s no real way to diagnose IBS either. In any case all appointments are canceled until May due to the coronavirus.

I just want to feel better and be able to eat without discomfort. I am still losing weight and really underweight now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information