Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convinced I have Crohn's disease

Re: Convinced I have Crohn's disease

People here saying it does sound like IBD isn't really helping my suspicions about it but at least it's not a death sentence like you said. I am also scared about cancer now. I went back to the dr with continuing abdominal pain yesterday, and she referred me to a full CT scan instead of just an ultrasound. I am also supposed to see the GI doctor next week. I'm worried about the CT scan and what it might find.

My diarrhea has actually been a little better the last 2 days and I've been able to eat a bit more, but still have cramping. I don't know if it's just because I'm at home and resting because I felt pretty awful at work on Thursday.

The doctor also gave me xanax for the anxiety so I at least got some sleep with that last night.

Sorry, I didn't mean that you have ibd, I was just trying to calm your fears about not being able to live a normal life if it happened to be ibd.

Hope it's just ibs or a weird bug that's going around. Let us know how you're doing.

Thanks Snowy, sorry I misinterpreted.

I saw the GI doctor today. Ran more tests for different infections and I have a breath test scheduled for a few weeks as well as the ultrasound on Friday. He also recommended I try the low FODMAP diet. I am not looking forward to that since I’ve been living off carbs/gluten lately but it’s worth a try.

If you do have Crohn's then gluten is one of the worse offenders! Try ditching all gluten and yes the FODMAP diet (or Keto) would be much more suitable

Also has anyone here taken Bentyl? My dr prescribed it for the cramps but I’m scared it will make me drowsy or loopy, so I don’t know if I should be taking it throughout the day like it says on the bottle.

I had my liver ultrasound yesterday. I need consult with my doctor on it but the radiologist said my liver looks fine. But my liver enzymes were 5 times the normal. (ALT over 500, the other markers like bilirubin were normal.) I’m still scared there’s something the ultrasound didn’t pick up. I have stopped all medications for now to see if that helps. My stomach problems have actually gotten better other than still having morning diarrhea. I was taking Bentyl and a probiotic that helped so hopefully stopping those won’t set me back again.
    Last edited by Librella; 08-02-20 at 15:27.

I don’t know if anyone is still reading this but for future reference. My stool test came back positive for E. coli. I don’t understand how I still have it since the doctor says it’s supposed to be a self limiting infection that you heal from quickly. I’m going to try an antibiotic but need liver enzymes to come down first. My liver is a medical mystery, ultrasound was normal and I’ve tested negative for everything else. I don’t know if I should be relieved or more anxious about this.

I would probably be relieved that it is something highly treatable and that goes away, and not IBD.

Yes I am relieved but anxiety brain just keeps saying what if they missed something!

I saw the liver doctor and he said the liver enzymes were probably a result of the infection or medications. I have to monitor it weekly for a while.

I will start antibiotics Monday, the liver doctor said I can take it even though they can sometimes damage the liver? I’m a bit scared of the side effects (ie more diarrhea). Has anyone here taken azithromycin?

I’ve take. Azithromycin many, many times. It’s a pretty standard antibiotic so I’m sure it will be fine!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information