Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel problems

Re: Bowel problems

It's good news about the stool tests and bloods. I hope your scan today gives you some reassurance re OC. Your GP is being very thorough/

I think anxiety is the driving force re IBS and weight loss. I've lost weight at the moment despite eating normally and have IBS-c. I put it down to prolonged stress over many months.

Let us know how today goes and good luck. Having the scan/CA125 bloods done will reassure you re OC.

Thank you Pulisa. Tbh OC never crossed my mind in all this. Think doc is ticking all the boxes before she takes things further.

I’ll update with any news in case anyone else is going through similar.

I think testing for OC is quite standard with bowel issues-just to cover the GP really. I wouldn't see any significance in this, Humly. I've had these tests as well.

Glad to hear the tests went well so far but I understand your continued anxiety since I’m going through some of the same. My pain is also on the left side. And I have been losing weight like crazy for the past 2 months. I hope that part is just anxiety too.

Just had a few “normal” days and I started to settle down, then last night again had the cramps and diarrhoea. It’s worrying me that it’s sometimes happening in the middle of the night as well ie 2 am. Is this normal for ibs? I think I read somewhere that if it wakes you from sleep then it’s serious.

For what it's worth, Humly, I went through a long phase of bad cramps and diarrhoea in the middle of the night on a weekly basis. I don't get it so often now, but it still happens maybe once or twice a year. I haven't dropped dead yet.

Were you diagnosed with anything Blueiris or did it just go away on its own?

I just don’t understand what’s happening. I had breakfast this morning. All fine. Had lunch about 2 pm and within 40 mins or so I was getting cramps and wind then it passed? I thought I was going to have to pull over to the side of the road on the way home 😳. What’s all that about?

It’s getting to the stage that I don’t want to eat in case it sets me off.

No diagnosis, nope. I'm phobic about doctors and eventually it went away on its own. Word to the wise, though, stopping eating is the absolute worst thing you can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information