Maybe stop looking at HA as a bully and see it for what it is? You. We put ourselves in this position. Yes there is an element of mental illness to consider, but it all comes down to choices. I really don't want to come across like I have this figured out, I don't. My marriage of 20 years almost ended because I could do nothing but talk about how I felt, my worries, my fears, rack up medical debt, and more. It is a crappy side affect how anxiety makes us extremely selfish. What I mean by that is that all we think about is ourselves and how we feel. Think about it, if you are having a conversation with someone and they start talking about what's going on with them or how they are feeling, I can guarantee with almost 100% accuracy you start thinking about how you feel, or if you have felt that, or you want to start talking about what's going on with you. The moments I look back and see I got a handle on this was when I was more focused on others and not me. It lets the brain settle and get out of itself. Its not easy, its freaking brutal and hard to do. For my chest pain for now my conclusion has come up to a few things. When were anxious, were tense. We all hold tension in different spots, me, its my upper back, shoulders, neck, and chest. Well, just like working out, we put muscles under tension and they hurt after. I don't know when this current bout is going to go away for me, but I'm doing my best to not allow it to take over my thoughts and day. You're doing CBT which is great, challenge the thoughts, challenge the feelings, journal it, and take note. Read back over your posts, read over your journals and reflect. You'll get through this.