Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

Sorry another heart post.
    This morning I was using a small dustpan and brush to sweep up some crumbs, I was bending over and felt pressure in my chest and breathless .
    Scared this is definitely heart related..

Has anyone had this

Can I join the chest pain thread?
    I've had an ongoing situation with an area on my left hand side just below the middle of the breast but seems to be inside the rib area.
    It comes and goes and is anything from a discomfort to a dull ache and occasionally excruciating agony.
    I've had this for weeks, probably months and had it before but it went away.
    If I overstretch it seems to make it worse.
    I can only describe it as being kicked in that area with what feels like swollen if I hunch over, I can feel it.
    I've also had the ache in the arm too, but that could be related to anxiety.
    Strangely breathing deep in and out doesn't aggravate it and I'm not out of breath, but do get bouts of breathlessness which also could be anxiety and not related.
    Sleeping is ok, but I have to find a comfortable position, normally on my side, the opposite side to the pain area.
    I know chest pain is very common on this site, but thought I'd add my version too.

Just to follow on from my post.
    I agree about lying on your stomach. I did that this morning to relieve my back pain and consequently made my chest pain worst.
    Even a tight jacket or coat can set it off.

This sounds similar to my chest pain, but tends to be on the right side. Have you had a diagnosis for yours.

Since I’ve been relaxing and doing breathing and meditation my chest pain has gone I don’t even get it with panic attacks now. Even when my heart was 141 and I phoned for help they told me it was not life threatening and to breathe. My cure for all my “heart” related chest pain has been relaxation, breathing, comedy and stretching oh and I bought softer pillows been strict on my posture And not lifted anything heavy also I saw a doctor who examined me and told me 100% it was muscular.
    Mine rendered me broken to the point I cried for days about chest pain had panic attacks about my chest pain! Now I have zero chest pain! Defo not my heart.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fantastic progress, Phoenixess! Great that you actually believe your pain is muscular in origin. It does make such a difference once you steer clear from all the dodgy heart ruminations. Muscular chest pain can be very painful and affects a lot of movements but it certainly presents very differently from heart problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's fantastic progress, Phoenixess! Great that you actually believe your pain is muscular in origin. It does make such a difference once you steer clear from all the dodgy heart ruminations. Muscular chest pain can be very painful and affects a lot of movements but it certainly presents very differently from heart problems.
    It’s taken me 4/5 months to believe it but I’m finally there. What was interesting was during the panic attacks I had I had worsening left arm pain. Then on Sunday I had a panic and the arm pain started my mum insisted I blew at the curtains until I moved the curtains. As I did the pain eased off and suddenly it clicked i can control this pain and if it genuinely was heart related it wouldn’t go as quick as it started despite me still being in an anxious state. What I’m starting to find also is positive thinking doesn’t happen over night and nor do the benefits however the ground work I started a week ago as difficult it has been is starting to pay of in moments where I can see clearer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My therapist has asked me to log my chest pain and my anxiety.
    Going back to my gp in a week, going to ask for ecg, my last one was 6 months ago. Trying to control my anxiety but it's hard.
    Glad this has really helped you.

No, I haven't yet pb. I'm pretty sure it's muscle related though. Although acid reflux had also crossed my mind.

Phoenixess, so pleased you feeling better.
    I love the curtain idea too.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information