Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

Maybe stop looking at HA as a bully and see it for what it is? You. We put ourselves in this position. Yes there is an element of mental illness to consider, but it all comes down to choices. I really don't want to come across like I have this figured out, I don't. My marriage of 20 years almost ended because I could do nothing but talk about how I felt, my worries, my fears, rack up medical debt, and more. It is a crappy side affect how anxiety makes us extremely selfish. What I mean by that is that all we think about is ourselves and how we feel. Think about it, if you are having a conversation with someone and they start talking about what's going on with them or how they are feeling, I can guarantee with almost 100% accuracy you start thinking about how you feel, or if you have felt that, or you want to start talking about what's going on with you. The moments I look back and see I got a handle on this was when I was more focused on others and not me. It lets the brain settle and get out of itself. Its not easy, its freaking brutal and hard to do. For my chest pain for now my conclusion has come up to a few things. When were anxious, were tense. We all hold tension in different spots, me, its my upper back, shoulders, neck, and chest. Well, just like working out, we put muscles under tension and they hurt after. I don't know when this current bout is going to go away for me, but I'm doing my best to not allow it to take over my thoughts and day. You're doing CBT which is great, challenge the thoughts, challenge the feelings, journal it, and take note. Read back over your posts, read over your journals and reflect. You'll get through this.

I’ve been getting chest pain again, trying to stay calm, I have lots of ecgs in the last 10 months, was told it was probably stress or muscular. It’s so scary, last ecg was in April.

Keep calm and if you can lay down and do the breaths in and out, if the ecgs don't show anything and you haven't had a heart attack chances it is the old anxiety having a laugh with you, try to outsmart it by relaxing if you can.

Anxiety will mimic any symptom to make you feel bad.

PB, with a heart attack there are other red flags. Facial colour can drain and you become grey. Stomach issues. Breathlessness, back shoulder pain, jaw pain, sweats, to name a few. Then there are risks factors. Weight, smoking status, alcohol consumption, stress level, cholesterol, blood pressure, creased ear lobes. The hospital need to check your troponin level, that’s the gold standard which I’m sure they did. When I had mine, my ECG was clear and they debated about doing a troponin test. The dr was so sure it was muscular that he let me leave A&E and told me to keep my phone on. I heard nothing until the next day at noon when the dr was in absolute panic. I was told to go to my local A&E straight away, the rest is history I’m lucky to be writing this. I’m not wanting to scare anyone and 99% it’s nothing, but please bear in mind the points I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    PB, with a heart attack there are other red flags. Facial colour can drain and you become grey. Stomach issues. Breathlessness, back shoulder pain, jaw pain, sweats, to name a few. Then there are risks factors. Weight, smoking status, alcohol consumption, stress level, cholesterol, blood pressure, creased ear lobes. The hospital need to check your troponin level, that’s the gold standard which I’m sure they did. When I had mine, my ECG was clear and they debated about doing a troponin test. The dr was so sure it was muscular that he let me leave A&E and told me to keep my phone on. I heard nothing until the next day at noon when the dr was in absolute panic. I was told to go to my local A&E straight away, the rest is history I’m lucky to be writing this. I’m not wanting to scare anyone and 99% it’s nothing, but please bear in mind the points I mentioned.
    Thank you, I had blood tests at the hospital , all clear.

Good to hear! Stay healthy and keep it that way. An MI can lead to so many complications.

I had chest pain come on from nowhere located under my left breast bone and it hurt to turn my body. I massaged it and it moved to the centre of my chest. It was so tender I couldn't sleep on my side. I thought it was trapped wind but you know how the mind works. It seems a bit better today. But I'm still wondering what caused it.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information