Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

But my reply didn't touch your belief that you are in imminent danger, did it?

I found your reply reassuring. My upper back is going into really bad spasms at the moment and I'm trying to stay calm and read your post.

Had really bad chest and back spasms today. Phoned the drs and spoke to a physician assistant, he said that it did not sound heart related , but that I should phone paramedics for an ecg.
    I haven’t done this , spasms are a bit better. I’m so scared all the time .

Spoke to paramedics who said to go to AnE, had ecg at hospital all normal.
    AnE was very quiet with only 8 people, so hopefully won’t get corona.
    Chest was very tender and said I may have fibromyalgia.

Good news that it is not heart related then. Now can you move on from this do you think?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Spoke to paramedics who said to go to AnE, had ecg at hospital all normal.
    AnE was very quiet with only 8 people, so hopefully won’t get corona.
    Chest was very tender and said I may have fibromyalgia.
    I’m sorry to hear you ended up in hospital I guess I just wonder how your feeling now? What are your thoughts on your chest pains? Are you any more convinced it’s not your heart?
    My other question is now are you self isolating because you say you care for vulnerable people and any close contact to anyone with covid (symptoms or not) will potentially leave you as a carrier?
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Good news that it is not heart related then. Now can you move on from this do you think?
    I’m really going to try.

pb....

I just landed on this forum and have a few things to say. I want to be clear and upfront I am not slamming on you, attacking you, minimizing how you feel, or any of that. I highlight this because of the way I have seen you respond to others on this forum who have offered you sound advice and you have taken it as such. One thing I do know about anxiety is that when we feel others are not hearing us or agreeing with our current mindset we can switch over to anger. This anger isn't always meant to come out at the person you are talking/responding to, but regardless it does.

So, reading this 15 page forum so far you have had multiple posts, and I mean nearly every one. Some of the posts are minutes apart. It is clear and understood that you are scared. When anything happens that looks like it is the end of it all, its a threat that scares the crap out of us. You are digging your hole bigger however, something that has been said several times but your responses are always on the defense. When you are putting out post after post you are turning up the volume on the anxiety/panic/freaking out, whatever you want to call it. You are telling your brain there is a serious threat and its an emergency and it is kicking out every hormone it can to prepare your body for what its going through, freaking out or FLIGHT mode.

So you know, I to have been experiencing chest pains. My anxiety started with chest pains back in 2002. Off and on, waxing and waning. Currently I have been having consistent chest pains for the past 3 weeks. From the point I wake up to the point I go to bed. Sometimes they are really bad, other times noticeable. I like you went to the doctor and they did an EKG. The EKG came up borderline, now that is another log on the fire. However, the EKG showed no evidence of a heart attack in past or currently and I was experiencing the pain while in the doctors office. I realize that border line and abnormal EKG's can happen frequently due to lead placement and guess what, anxiety. But, the fact that I saw a doctor and was evaluated, that should have put my fears at ease. Did it? Not entirely, but than I had to use common sense. Heart attacks don't last for weeks, or in your case from the duration of these posts, months. I have had friends and family who have had heart attacks and they come on quick. In the past 6 years I have had: Multiple EKG's, 1 echocardiogram, 1 stress echocardiogram, 1 stress treadmill test, 2 halter monitors, 3 trips to the ER, blood work galore, and multiple doctors visits. Everything came out good. I have seen Cardiologists, ENT's, Neurologists, and did therapy for 4 years. I mention all of this to illuminate how crazy this all can get. You know what I have to show for it? Heightened anxiety and medical debt beyond belief.

Here's the facts, were going to die. You don't know when, you don't know how, and you don't make the call when that happens. We can do what we can to stay health, fit, and safe, but other than that, life has to go on. I am not done with this battle, and it comes in cycles. Right now with COVID the entire world is in a high anxiety state. We have some really amazing options during this period of lockdown, but its a choice. You can choose to take this time to work on you, do some inner reflection, and grow...or, you can live in fear, constant worry, and panic.

Is your chest pain from; your heart, muscles, acid reflux, fibro, costrochondritis, stress.....you are not qualified to make the decision on your own. You have seen medical professionals who have went to school to be able to spot this stuff, and they all come to the same conclusion, its not your heart. I am preaching to the choir here because I like you, doubt, ruminate, and look. STAY THE HECK OFF GOOGLE. The one post you put that said that Google said chest pain at night is from your heart....that was not a wise decision. Think of it this way, Google, Bing, Yahoo, whatever search engine you use does not want to get sued. They have to put the worst case scenario. Its the same when your doctor says there is a margin for error because there is. Chest pain sucks, I know this. I get chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, all at the same time. Those are all red flags right? If you google heart attack that is what comes up, along with some others. But like you, I am here right now typing out a massive story, breathing, thinking, and living. There are resources all over this site and other sites that will tell you how to beat anxiety. First is to accept the fact that it is anxiety and/or accept that the symptoms you are having are what they are, symptoms. Your subconscious has been programmed by the fears you pushed into it. You have to reprogram what you have learned. Believe it or not you have mastered CBT, you just did it the wrong way by telling your body there is something wrong.

pb, know you are not alone. You should be free to speak with people and voice concerns. But with that allow yourself to be open when people are seeing what you are not, a person in panic seeking reassurance who cannot see what's happening outside of themselves. I don't say this to be rude, because I can and have been that person, recently, and probably in the future. This will pass, but also see the possibility that it may be something you live with. When you get your mind working in flow it will not focus on what there is nothing to worry about. Its not an easy thing, anxiety, especially health anxiety is something I would not wish on anyone. You are strong because you are working through it. Focus on the good things, see the joy in what's around. The world may be in chaos but there is so much good happening that its hard to see it when were trapped in our dark clouds. I apologize for the long read, but like I said, I'm talking to myself as well.

Brilliant post Jamloga! This should be the response for every serial poster and everyone else for that matter.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes your right , I have become a serial poster, it's not a nice title.. I do listen to the advice, but the bully of HA always wins.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information