Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

I asked gp if I could have another ecg , she said this wasn’t needed.
    I feel another ecg would reassure me, but don’t really want to go to a and e.
    Pain in chest has been bad today, Pain was also very bad last night.
    I tried to explain this to the doctor..

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I asked gp if I could have another ecg , she said this wasn’t needed.
    I feel another ecg would reassure me, but don’t really want to go to a and e.
    Pain in chest has been bad today, Pain was also very bad last night.
    I tried to explain this to the doctor..
    An ecg shows the electrical impulses and beats to you heart and the rhythm depending when you last had one I understand why they wouldn’t do another as they are limited equipment and unless anything showed up on the first one depending how long since it’s hard to imagine something had happened to physiologically change that quickly to cause chest pain. If it had happened and something quickly had happened we wouldn’t be discussing it right now. Sadly due to my own heart/chest pain paranoia I have read far too much about hearts and how they work so that is my version of what’s happening. Again I am not a doctor and if you were in very bad chest pain I recommend a And e where they will do and ecg immediately and check you out and maybe call 111 they don’t mess around with chest pains or palpatations. They give me panic attacks so severe I end up with an ambulance if I ring 111 because stupidly I mention I’ve been having a panic about x y z and I’m having palpatations next thing I know I’m on the floor with and ambulance yet that’s not why I rang in the first place.

If your really concerned and for your own peace of mind go to a and e or ring 111 tell them you’ve seen the GP but they aren’t listening and explain if it’s worse and see if they can check you over. But I honestly think you will be ok.

Do you get palpatations too or is it just the pain? Have you tried to bring the pain on or do you get breathless when doing activity? These are all good signs for you to guage if it’s your heart or not. I purposely ran up and down my stairs to try and shift it I made my heart go faster but I didn’t pass out or get crazy breathless that showed me at that point it wasn’t my heart. I promise you’ll be ok, do you have your ecg report? I got mine and I just re read it sometimes to reassure me I’m ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried walking up and down the stairs and it didn’t make it worse.
    My las ecg was five months ago. I don’t have the ecg but gp looked at reading this morning.
    Thank you for replying

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I have tried walking up and down the stairs and it didn’t make it worse.
    My las ecg was five months ago. I don’t have the ecg but gp looked at reading this morning.
    Thank you for replying
    Try not to think about it that’s a good sign! And just take it easy. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to post yet again !
    Went to the coffee shop and had some pains in ribs and chest whilst walking.
    Now so worried I have angina.
    When I got home , I went for another short walk and walked up the stairs a few times and chest was ok.
    Can stress give you pains when walking..

Also meant to say my left hand feels tingly and cold !!

Now getting a pain in my upper back when walking up the stairs - So scared

Have you got any anxiety med prescriptions like lorazopam or diazepam? If you do and you take one, it will probably help with the pain and reduce your anxiety. Although you may feel drowsy afterwards. I always do when ever I take them.

No I don’t have any anxiety meds

Any muscle relaxers then? I would of thought your GP would have given you a prescription since he/she thinks it's a muscular issue.

The reason I ask is because when you take those kind of meds and you don't have pain after a while, that is a pretty good indication that it's either a skeletal muscular issue or anxiety or even both.

Also, if you move certain way and the pain is worse or more intense with movement, that is another pretty good indication that it's a skeletal muscular issue.

Edit to add: I just remembered this - Whenever I get any kind of chest pain, sometimes I take a relaxing warm/hot shower and that makes it go away.
    Last edited by PanickyGuy; 04-02-20 at 19:01.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information