Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

Any updates? I'm having a weird tight feeling in my left armpit. Feels tense, like pressure in that general area which is very close to my heart. Had some numbness in my left hand, too. I was able to eat a snack, drink water, go to the gym but this dull, tense feeling is still there, in the general vicinity of my heart. Starting to really panic.

Sorry to keep posting , I just can’t get it out of my head that I have heart problems or angina.
    I keep walking up and down the stairs to test my heart. Walking like this is usually ok and I don’t really get chest pains.
    But after doing this , I sat down and reached for the iPad and got a chest pain , this is freaking me out and I’m so scared and stressed..

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Sorry to keep posting , I just can’t get it out of my head that I have heart problems or angina.
    I keep walking up and down the stairs to test my heart. Walking like this is usually ok and I don’t really get chest pains.
    But after doing this , I sat down and reached for the iPad and got a chest pain , this is freaking me out and I’m so scared and stressed..
    I have heart disease. I have angina. You don't! When I read your post, I see totally over the top and irrational self testing behaviors that offer no logical or scientific affirmation of your fears and frankly, your symptoms don't even come close. What I do see and have seen in the 11 year history is severe and untreated anxiety disorder. It really comes down to this... Are you going to live the rest of your life with irrational thoughts, behaviors and fears or are you going to finally confront your dragon and learn how to tame him?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for your honest reply.
    Last night I had chest spasms and stupidly tested my bp- Range was 148/89 - 150/100 , too high.
    I am due to start cbt for my health anxiety on Monday, it’s a 12 week course.
    You are so right , I have spent years and years googling symptoms and having tests and am often just in complete terror !

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I have heart disease. I have angina. You don't! When I read your post, I see totally over the top and irrational self testing behaviors that offer no logical or scientific affirmation of your fears and frankly, your symptoms don't even come close. What I do see and have seen in the 11 year history is severe and untreated anxiety disorder. It really comes down to this... Are you going to live the rest of your life with irrational thoughts, behaviors and fears or are you going to finally confront your dragon and learn how to tame him?

Positive thoughts
    *hugs* Fishmanpa you put things in perspective for me, also my heart anxiety started recently I’m hoping to defeat it before it defeats me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying not to google and to keep posting, but really panicking today.
    I have pains in my chest again, chest feels tender when I press.
    Again did the walking up and down the stairs with no chest pain this morning , but now have this bad pain.
    Was due to start cbt today but therapist is off sick , so now starting next Monday.
    This is a nightmare ..

Here I go again !
    Went out this morning and walked a short distance, by the time I got home I had chest pain.
    My head went straight to angina !!
    Walked up and down the stairs about 10 times and didn’t get the pain.
    What is happening, surely this can’t just be stress..

I think when we’re in a high state of anxiety, it causes us to tense up all kinds of muscles we didn’t even know we had. Not to mention our breathing is almost always off, which causes chest muscles to tense up and become sore. I would be willing to bet money that this is what’s happening with your chest pain. Muscular from all the anxiety tenseness.

Still struggling with chest pain and anxiety.
    This afternoon I carried some heavy stuff up the stairs and got a sharp pain when I bent down .
    This has also happened when I stretched to do my hair and when I lifted the kettle.
    Surely this can’t be angina, realise how ridiculous this must sound..

Sounds like costochondritis especially in view of the pain when stretching and lifting. It's very painful but not related to heart or lung probs.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information