Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    No, I haven't yet pb. I'm pretty sure it's muscle related though. Although acid reflux had also crossed my mind.

Phoenixess, so pleased you feeling better.
    I love the curtain idea too.
    My mum is very creative when calming me down! You’d laugh at some of the other ones she comes up with but the curtain one is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to a and e as chest pain was really bad. Ecg was normal, said pain was likely to be muscular.
    Ive now noticed that when I walk or go up the stairs I get chest pain.
    Dr said if I had angina there would be ischemic changes.
    Still so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Went to a and e as chest pain was really bad. Ecg was normal, said pain was likely to be muscular.
    Ive now noticed that when I walk or go up the stairs I get chest pain.
    Dr said if I had angina there would be ischemic changes.
    Still so scared.
    You need to start to challenge your thoughts about this pain! If a and e have told you it’s muscular no other doctor is going to give you a better diagnosis than a and e and I’m sure they have seen many people with life threatening conditions heart and chest related and when necessary they don’t send someone home telling them it is muscular. You need to try to hold on to the truth until you believe it and it will come

If it is muscular then rest is the answer.
    Try to avoid any stretching, lifting, carrying for a while and see if there's any improvement. x

Hey there,
    I am going to tell you about my experience and hope to help you. I have suffered chest pains on and off for maybe 10 years. Not all the time, but when they would start, I would freak out, think I was having a heart attack, take myself off to the doctor, have an ecg (which was always fine) , have bloods (which were always fine), told there was nothing wrong. I would go home, chill out, know my heart was fine and then it would go away until the next time....and so it started again!

Feb 2018 I was diagnosed with Graves disease. I had the most amazing consultant. On one of my appointments, I happened to mention the chest pain I would get (must have had a recent episode). He then explained to me how the muscles in the chest work, how they run through your body rather than from left to right, how they did x,y,z. The point was he explained. He looked at my posture and told me it was crap. I then showed him a raised area that I had just below my shoulder and above my left boob. He said it was muscular and sent me for physio.

I went to physio and she could see the raised area immediately told me it was my whatever muscle, poked it (at which point I nearly hit the roof) and the treatment started. I saw her for 8 weeks, the raised area went away, the muscle ache went away, the chest pain went away. About 4 months later, it came back and off I went to physio again and until just yesterday I have been fine.

I suppose my point of the ramblings is that I know it is muscular, I have had all the tests to prove it is muscular, my chest has been twinging since yesterday and my raised bit is raised. I am back at school, I am driving to and from work, I am sitting at my desk, my posture is crap, due to flu I havent been exercising. After my 10+ years of worry and stress and fearing a heart attack, I know it is muscular.

That's great information Pet59, thank you for sharing x

Thank you pet59, my posture is rubbish .
    I have an appointment with my gp on Monday and will ask, my back is slightly rounded from bending over.

Really trying to control my anxiety over chest pain.
    The last few days have been good, but today I’ve had pain right chest side and arm, seems to be worse when walking , but also happens when resting.
    Worrying about angina again..

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Really trying to control my anxiety over chest pain.
    The last few days have been good, but today I’ve had pain right chest side and arm, seems to be worse when walking , but also happens when resting.
    Worrying about angina again..
    But the hospital said it wasn’t heart related. Try and remember what the doctors said

Have decided to stay in today, have only had slight chest pain.
    Trying to accept that pain is muscular, but a bit concerned that hospital did ecg but no blood test.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information