Thread: Buzzing in left foot...neurological fears

Buzzing in left foot...neurological fears

I’ve had my fair share of ALS and Parkinson’s fears over the last few years. Most of it was upper body stuff like facial twitches, swallowing worries, later on had shaking in my pinky which has somewhat improved, etc. But lower body stuff is new to me. A few months ago I noticed my left foot would buzz and my toes would slightly twitch/move. It’s still happening all the time! I notice it most when I sit with my legs “cross cross apple sauce” but also even when I laying in bed totally flat. So it’s not necessarily nerve compression.

My fear still remains neurological stuff. Worst being ALS or Parkinson’s. I know MS is a concern with buzzing sensations and I am def worried about that but for some reason it’s not my worst case scenario. As in that would be less horrifying than ALS.

Anyway...anyone had buzzing in their foot that seems to be benign? I’d like to move on from this fear ASAP. 😕

Re: Buzzing in left foot...neurological fears

Well, if you do have some autoimmune activity going on, it could be a bit of peripheral neuropathy happening. I get this sensation from time to time, it's benign.

I don’t have anything autoimmune that I know of. I do have fibromyalgia but thats never caused this sensation.

Sounds like a nerve is getting tweaked. I had thisxreally bad in my hand when I had a pinched nerve in my neck... and my neck didnt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by breezie View Post
    I don’t have anything autoimmune that I know of. I do have fibromyalgia but thats never caused this sensation.
    Fibromyalgia is a central nervous system disorder and is caused by over activity of the immune system (as are autoimmune disorders). Fibromyalgia often occurs simultaneously with autoimmune disorders. It can cause numbness and tingling so buzzing could easily be another symptom. I've got CFS.

I get buzzing on the top of my foot whenever I'm anxious. It's one of my most obvious psycho-somatic symptoms. I can actually get it to start happening if I think about it long enough.

Sorry to hear that, if it were ALS then you would have a progressive weakness. Something would definitely "give out" and start wasting away. And with MS you will have other symptoms too, not just the buzzing. Probably a trapped nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I get buzzing on the top of my foot whenever I'm anxious. It's one of my most obvious psycho-somatic symptoms. I can actually get it to start happening if I think about it long enough.
    Yes, I've had buzzing in legs with bad anxiety too.

Thread Information