Thread: Really scared I have pancreas, liver and spleen damage, worried I am dying

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really scared I have pancreas, liver and spleen damage, worried I am dying

I am sorry, this may be a little long.

I have a fatty liver - I am overweight predominantly due to eating and drinking too much and not shifting my bum as much as I should. I am in my mid 50's and have a bad back and a bad hip which means I can no longer get around as much due to the pain - I know the first thing my GP will say is lose weight, so it is a vicious circle. I used to be lovely and slim and only have myself to blame. My BMI is high 30's. I start a diet - I am their greatest gift because I spend all kinds of silly money on food, books blah blah....and within days my willpower has totally zapped and I am stuffing my face with rubbish. Sweets, chocolate, toast and biscuits are definitely my downfall. I have started again this last weekend.

I loved wine but gave it up at the end of September and am still without any, I think I am around 123 days without a glass of wine. I did the same with cigarettes years ago - put one out at midnight, through everything away and never touched another - although every time I smell one I could kill for one, but 18yrs on I am very pleased. So I guess what I am saying is that if I NEED willpower I can do it. Just not with food.

So I know I have a fatty liver and get pain in the right side and also deep in my right shoulder blade. I get lots of heartburn. After 3 months of not drinking I thought I was symptom free and that my liver was enjoying life, but it seems now to have started to complain again these last 2 weeks, but I have loads more symptoms so now am truly convincing myself I am dying. I am terrified of the GP, can't do much more than cry when I go in - it stems from a GP I saw who I asked if he thought I looked jaundice and he replied "Yes.......no" and then the same to my other questions, so my anxiety was well out of order and I have never been back since. I already was scared of them but now am terrified.

I have new symptoms which are a tightness around my bra strap level, sitting at the left side so of course I have googled and I could have an enlarged spleen or pancreatic cancer. After eating it feels bloated, and when I lie down at night it feels like a finger is stuck in between my ribs, but it doesn't disturb my sleep when I nod off, I have started to get an annoying ache in my left shoulder just on the top of the socket but if I take a deep breath the pain radiates to my neck. I get dreadful heartburn which I just pop a nexium for every couple of days but it feels like it is grating on my throat. I get a sensation of flushing to my face each evening, feels like my cheeks are burning sometimes they look red, sometimes they don't. I can't get my breath fully - feel like I need to yawn in order to catch a breath, again I have had this for years but it gets worse and worse. I am getting liver pain but not every day and after not drinking I had thought it was getting better and those pains subsided. I get a deep horrible pain in my right shoulder blade. And dreadful nausea but never sick.

Edited to add I have an almost constant headache - like a too tight pot is stuck on the top, it wakes me during the night, responds to painkillers but has lasted around 8 days now. My mouth, throat etc all feel warm on the inside like I am getting a cold, but as they have felt like that for the same period of time and I haven't got a cold I assume I am not.

I know nobody is a doctor on here, and I am not asking for that. But I am genuinely concerned that I have entered the final stage of my life. My OH just huffs when I say anything because he has heard it all before (he says) so I am just keeping it to myself and feel that I can't switch it off and relax so it feels like a hamster in a wheel continuously going round and round in my body and my head. I just wanted to know if anybody has had these symptoms and made a full recovery. Please don't think I am foolish, but I am genuinely concerned that I won't recover.

thank you for taking the time to read, I hope you are having a good day x
    Last edited by DL45; 30-01-20 at 16:32.

Thread Information