Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really scared I have pancreas, liver and spleen damage, worried I am dying

Re: Really scared I have pancreas, liver and spleen damage, worried I am dying

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I was wondering about reflux due to the nausea you mentioned. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with nexium but had a quick look and there is an NHS page about it. Again (I'm really sorry) I think you should check with your GP. Failing that, at least speak to a pharmacist who can advise on safe dosing etc particularly with liver problems.
    Really great post from brucealmighty and maybe some things to consider x
    Thank you - good advice, I will ask a pharmacist. It does give me relief but I don't want to do anything that could adversely damage me. Yes, I have read brucealmighty's post very carefully.

thanks, have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by DL45 View Post
    Hello, thank you for your reply. I can walk upto an hour but my hip and back is totally screwed by the end of that. I used to do lots of walking, fell walking so although I am tending to stay to the flat as much as I can, I can go for around an hour. I do try to break things up into little sessions more often rather than long ones that then make me reach for painkillers when I am trying not to put anything in that may damage my liver.

Thank you x
    I think it's a good idea to try and break your recovery down to one battle at a time, or rather not try and tackle everything at once.

It's good that you're already tackling your diet by trying to stay low carb. My feeling is that a lot of the issues you are experiencing are chronic in nature, and would probably resolve themselves over time to a certain extent.

If I were you I'd try and walk for 20-30 minutes a day, which seems to be well within your tolerance levels. This should help strengthen your core and hips, although it's worth getting professional medical advice about this too. Brisk walking is by far the best method of exercise for weight management anyway and if you're breaking a bit of a sweat then you are activating the lymphatic system, which will also help clear out all the built up 'crap' over the years. Maybe further down the line you could think about doing some basic yoga too...just not yet.

I think your diet should be focussed on building new habits rather than attempting immediate change. Staying low carb will help here as it will build new relationships with food, and hopefully prevent the 'boom/bust' blood sugar crash binging you have been experiencing too. There is plenty of research out there showing that eating a low carb/whole food diet with plenty of fruit and veg is one of the best ways to improve overall health. I also think it might be worth experimenting with fasting, which is also massively beneficial in helping your body rest and recover from chronic health problems. But again, it's about what you can manage to do realistically in the short term. I think it's better to build new habits one at a time and let those habits form properly into a new lifestyle one at a time, rather than try to reinvent yourself all at once. I think the latter is always doomed to fail as connections in the brain, habits built over time always take time to reform.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I think it's a good idea to try and break your recovery down to one battle at a time, or rather not try and tackle everything at once.

It's good that you're already tackling your diet by trying to stay low carb. My feeling is that a lot of the issues you are experiencing are chronic in nature, and would probably resolve themselves over time to a certain extent.

If I were you I'd try and walk for 20-30 minutes a day, which seems to be well within your tolerance levels. This should help strengthen your core and hips, although it's worth getting professional medical advice about this too. Brisk walking is by far the best method of exercise for weight management anyway and if you're breaking a bit of a sweat then you are activating the lymphatic system, which will also help clear out all the built up 'crap' over the years. Maybe further down the line you could think about doing some basic yoga too...just not yet.

I think your diet should be focussed on building new habits rather than attempting immediate change. Staying low carb will help here as it will build new relationships with food, and hopefully prevent the 'boom/bust' blood sugar crash binging you have been experiencing too. There is plenty of research out there showing that eating a low carb/whole food diet with plenty of fruit and veg is one of the best ways to improve overall health. I also think it might be worth experimenting with fasting, which is also massively beneficial in helping your body rest and recover from chronic health problems. But again, it's about what you can manage to do realistically in the short term. I think it's better to build new habits one at a time and let those habits form properly into a new lifestyle one at a time, rather than try to reinvent yourself all at once. I think the latter is always doomed to fail as connections in the brain, habits built over time always take time to reform.
    Thank you so much for such an informative reply. I would like to respond to a couple of points and ask just a couple of questions if you don't mind?

1. I think alot are chronic in nature - if you look at my profile I was here in (I think) 2008 with concerns. I think that the left side is what is increasing my anxiety currently, and the discomfort in my shoulder. But I take on board what you say.
    2. I haven't seen my GP yet about my hips because he would say firstly, lose weight and see if that helps - common sense and I agree, but I am stuck in this life as a weeble wobble and am really trying hard to do so now, so doing 20-30 mins twice a day is around what I do, with the dog, so it never gets to brisk! I have thought about yoga after speaking to my brother recently - he has started it, and can't praise the benefits he has felt to several old aches and pains. My worry is always about going into new groups, people I don't know, with my little short fat body looking ridiculous, and then falling over or something! But I am shy of new people. I have a bulging disc at L5/S1 and feel that yoga would benefit that too....if I can find a class for little fat people! But when you say just not yet......is there a reason for that or simply to lose some lard first?
    3. I am trying 16.8 IF, not eating before 12 and after 8pm. I haven't found that too difficult. But in order to try to release my liver of some fat I am trying to stay away from sugars including fruit sugar, although I have increased my green leafy veg significantly.

Thank you so much - not only for the advice, but also for taking the time out of your day to read my post and give such an informative reply, it is truly appreciated.

Hi DL45

I'm so sorry that you are feeling scared, I think we can all identify with that. I have had similar issues with the left sided pain, and was convinced I had pancreatic or liver cancer. I have had a CT scan , and it came back as normal. I am still having tests, but I just wanted you to know that these pains are not necessarily your worst nightmare.

My pains have almost gone since I gave up hot drinks and gluten. I'm having and endoscopy next week, and I am really hoping they tell me it is all gastritis.

Since I've been feeling poorly (six weeks now, but feels like a lifetime), I have hardly done any excercise. I try to do walking at the weekends, and I really should get back to it, but I've been so scared, I've struggled to motivate myself to do anything at all

Could you perhaps see a different GP at your practice?

Take care

Inanna x

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi DL45

I'm so sorry that you are feeling scared, I think we can all identify with that. I have had similar issues with the left sided pain, and was convinced I had pancreatic or liver cancer. I have had a CT scan , and it came back as normal. I am still having tests, but I just wanted you to know that these pains are not necessarily your worst nightmare.

My pains have almost gone since I gave up hot drinks and gluten. I'm having and endoscopy next week, and I am really hoping they tell me it is all gastritis.

Since I've been feeling poorly (six weeks now, but feels like a lifetime), I have hardly done any excercise. I try to do walking at the weekends, and I really should get back to it, but I've been so scared, I've struggled to motivate myself to do anything at all

Could you perhaps see a different GP at your practice?

Take care

Inanna x
    Hi Inanna

thank you for your response, particularly as you seem to be going through things yourself currently. I am glad to hear your CT was normal, just focus on getting another normal result next week and I am sure you will soon begin to feel much better! I understand exactly what you mean - feeling poorly just zaps your energy, enthusiasm, whole get up and go. I have been there before and I know that when I got the all clear, my symptoms just seemed to flow out of the window......but here I am again! We don't help ourselves with HA do we?

thinking of you and do let me know how you get on with your endoscopy, I will be thinking of you.

x

Feeling really scared now.....any advise? Sorry - TMI!

I have previously posted about my concerns re liver / pancreas / spleen issues based on the pains I have been getting and also my previous history of being fat, overweight and having had a fatty liver primarily due to being overweight but also by drinking too much. I have had a wide array of symptoms and have had a lot of support for which I am grateful - thank you.

However, I have just nose dived totally. I have just been to the loo and have had very pale poo. I ate a handful of nuts Friday and then on Saturday night ate quite a few cashew nuts, so on Sunday wasn't surprised when I had paler than usual poo. This morning I had another pale poo which I must confess I was surprised by as I assumed the nuts would have passed right through me now.

However today I have had a good day - no left sided pain, no right sided pain, no back pain, no nausea, no nothing and actually thought I was beginning to get on top of my HA. This evening I have just been to the loo and had another very pale poo, paler than before which was quite sloppy. I am totally now freaking out and all of my symptoms have appeared again. I look healthy, good colour.

I also explained that I have started a low carb way of eating. Last night I had steak and made a mushroom and cream sauce. Today I have mainly drunk tea, (t cpld today for water) and just had mushrooms, bacon and eggs. Tea will be fish and mediterranean vegetables. My urine isn't dark.

Could this be due to the nuts and increasing cream intake? Or am I likely now to be facing my demise which is what I think......I've eaten nuts plenty of times and never had poo this colour.

So very sorry about the information, I am totally out of my mind tonight and whereas today I thought I may get a good nights sleep as my symptoms had all subsided, now I now I won't sleep a wink.
    thank you for taking the time to read, I appreciate it x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Dl45

i wish I could reach through the screen and give you a big hug. I don’t know if you have seeming my thread, but I got a good result from my endoscopy. It’s natural for us to worry, and I am the worlds worst, but pits not a forgone conclusion that it will be something sinister, I am testament to that, and I have all your symptoms.

if you want to go to the gym, you should go, stop being so down on yourself. You sound like a lovely person, and if others judge you harshly , it says more about them than you. Put yourself and your health first, not a bunch of strangers. Once you’ve been once or twice, it won’t be so daunting.

be kind to yourself

Inanna xx

Sounds like reflux, which causes all that.Also for the yoga look up DDPY https://ddpyoga.com/ you do it from home at your pace, they have a bed program if you have mobility issues, it works I used to have severe back and knee pain, doing this I rarely have pain it,also helps with weight loss and not expensive at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information