Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was stung/bit by something on the beach.

Was stung/bit by something on the beach.

Hello everyone- it’s been a rough start to the new year- first I get the flu.. on my 30th bday- then I had a very bad Iud hormone issue- then I got a sinus infection clogging my ears and making me dizzy for a week...

But now onto something new that happened..

I was at the beach ( mind you I run barefoot there three times a week and have never had anything happen)- stepped over to take a photo of my mom and instantly felt this sharp/ burning/ stinging pain... nowhere near the water just up on the sand...

I looked down and saw a little thing sticking out of my foot- it looked like a red thorn with a clear/ yellow piece of something attached... I pulled it out and for the next hour it continued to sting/ randomly burn- now a few days later it’s itching nonstop and it left just a black dot...

I googled it and it looks like a bee stinger- but I didn’t see a bee- just the stinger... now for those of you that know me- you know my thoughts... what if it was a bat- they just discovered a rabid one outside a kohl’s less than 3 miles away 4 months ago..

Is it possible I stepped on it and it would fly away that fast? And what are the odds it would be a bat and a stinger.... basically you can see me trying to reason through this.... I just want to convince myself it was a bee.... today 4 days later my foot is still itching and starting to tingle...

Re: Was stung/bit by something on the beach.

Was the bat sunbathing?

I mean... is it normal for a bee to be sunbathing?

yep, bees like the sun and if it has flown a long way then it was likely to be just having a rest.

100% sure you would not see a bat in the middle of a beach in the middle of the day....... bats are nocturnal and bats are definitely not ninjas

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Uh I’m just hoping- my foot is randomly itching and I’m still feeling tingling around the area..

I know I feel like if it was a bat there would
    Be two marks and I would have at least seen it fly away right? I mean I know they arnt nocturnal.... but if one had rabies they act weird and can end up
    Anywhere.

Respectfully, of all the rabies threads you've posted, this one ranks near the top in fantasy.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

are you actually listening to anything? you 100% was not bitten by a rabid ninja bat in the middle of the day on a beach

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Bats don't bury in sand on beaches, you have evidence of the stinger in your foot - so why are you honestly thinking its anything different?

The stinger separates from the bee when its under threat and after it stings, and the bee then dies! So, its flying nowhere. What you saw was the venom sac (the yellow bit). Itching non-stop is what they do I'm afraid, I've had a few wasp and not bee stings and they have itched for months.

For future reference, when you remove the sting, you should avoid touching the venom section and use your finger nail above it to prise it out. That avoids pressing more venom into your skin. Any insect sting runs the possibility of becoming infected, especially if you are running around barefoot, so just keep an eye on that really. Though, I have to say, none of mine have become infected.
    Last edited by Carys; 02-02-20 at 17:41.

When you have a fear like this your subconscious is bound to blurt out 'but perhaps it was a bat...' even if you bumped your leg on a chair. It's just the subconscious asking a question thinking it may help protect you. What matters is how you deal with it. Analysing and looking for a 100% answer (and reassurance seeking) as well as fighting with yourself over it will only feedback to your subconscious that it is right to keep raising questions like this.

Thank you everyone yes, I mean I know a bat wouldn’t be on the beach... but I also know rabid animals sometimes do things that Arnt normal.. but at the same time - there wasn’t marks- there was a stinger... so I have to set my mind at ease. It’s been nonstop itching- but I think that’s normal .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information