Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was stung/bit by something on the beach.

Re: Was stung/bit by something on the beach.

What do you want people to say? if you're that concerned, go to the doctor. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

... I’m confused.: told ya so? I understand your frustration with “people like us” but to be honest your lack of compassion doesn’t always help.. it kind of makes me want to skip past what you say... and makes me feel more disrespected- you must have anxiety issues or have had them in the past if your here... you must know what it feels like, and honestly, I hope during your journey, you weren’t pushed down... again no disrespect towards you- but a little understanding and compassion would be appreciated.

Maybe all this would make more sense if you knew that a few months ago a rabid bat was found outside on the ground of a public store ( Kohl’s) just 1 mile from the beach I was at...

Quote Originally Posted by golddustgirl1000 View Post
    ... I’m confused.: told ya so? I understand your frustration with “people like us” but to be honest your lack of compassion doesn’t always help.. it kind of makes me want to skip past what you say... and makes me feel more disrespected- you must have anxiety issues or have had them in the past if your here... you must know what it feels like, and honestly, I hope during your journey, you weren’t pushed down... again no disrespect towards you- but a little understanding and compassion would be appreciated.
    What's confusing about it? After THREE YEARS of rabies threads, what do you want or expect? In that time, in spite of a few CBT sessions, has there been any progress, self help or long term (meds) real life professional help to help you deal with the irrationality of your fears? Lack of compassion? How can one show compassion to someone that continually shoots themselves in the foot and allows it to bleed out? Disrespect? How is it disrespectful to point out reality? Shouldn't reality reassure you?

Yes, I suffered with depression and 'scanxiety' after my real illnesses. The difference is I sought real life professional help, took meds, worked hard and moved on as opposed to allowing it to control my life. As far as why I'm here? I originally came here after following HA sufferers from the cancer forums I was part of to this site. I came to give them a piece of my mind for the disrespect they showed on that forum as well as other disease forums. I stayed to offer some rationality to the irrationality so prevalent here. Also, as my daughter is a sufferer, the site offered resources and advice that has helped me help her. What I say here is no different than what I say to her when she goes off the deep end. Apparently, some don't see it that way so carry on.

So yeah... go to the doctor. Maybe show him the tread and see what he says. I won't comment on your threads any more.

Best of luck and as always....

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 17-02-20 at 01:13.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think the sad thing here is the curtain that the web allows to be able to hide who people really are. If you knew me, like actually knew me- you would have a much different opinion Of me. I run a full-time business have dozens of repeat clients, and tons of friends, I have a lot of support, an amazing husband and an amazing family. I travel all over the world, and take more risks than you probably would guess- if you knew me- you might not be so assuming that I allow things to control my life. I’m an extremely huge extrovert and love to keep myself busy, active and go out.

For my my HA is a sin struggle- I’m a bible believing Christian, and yes I beleive that I have a spiritual enemy that likes to push my buttons all day long. I’ll go through months where I’m okay, and months where I’m Not. Just like an alcoholic or someone who is a narcissist- I don’t believe medication is the route for me as I don’t believe I have an imbalance- this forum is a place where when I’m alone- and my mind is wandering I come to to seek reassurance and help- not because my friends and family are sick of me- but because my friends and family don’t deal with the same personality struggles I do- I’m an enneagram 6, look it up.... I’m a loyalist worst case scenario thinker who is always trying to protect my herd... and I strive for safety- unfortunately I can’t turn it off when it comes to myself... so here I am trying to pull back the curtain.

I’m sorry for your “real diagnoses” but for someone my age I have had a few “real” health problems-honestly I’m probably your daughters age.... This isn’t a place to compete- my dad died when I was 21 of prostate cancer- my aunt and my husbands grandfather both had an incredibly rare disease, my grandmas... breast cancer and Alzheimer’s...- Me having to be tested for a heart attack/ blood clot and lupus at 23 when no one knew what was happening opened me up to a world of things I didn’t want to know existed.... so unfortunately I have experienced things that have set me on edge even more...

Not trying to make anyone feel bad, but hoping that someone else stumbles upon this and hoping that other people see , read, and remember that there are real humans with real lives behind these messages.

Mental illness is a real problem, though, and I don't think anybody here is denying that. However, with the correct help and a lot of hard work, it can be overcome.

However, if you're not prepared to acknowledge this and put the hours in, it can be a nightmare. It's also indiscriminate - it can affect absolutely anybody regardless of circumstances. You have a great life? Congratulations; you're already better off than a lot of people here.

None of this changes the fact that seeking reassurance is actively unhelpful to your condition... or your "sinning". Good to know I'm weak rather than unwell, that's a great way to brighten my day.

I’m sorry but I think your badly misunderstanding and projecting a lot of what I’m saying. I’m saying that despite having anxiety- you can still have a happy life, the good and the bad can coexist at the same time...I love my life, but I still have anxiety- doesn’t mean it’s right- doesn’t mean not working on it..
    Just means that we are complex as humans and can live in both realms at once.

Never said you were weak... never said that at all.

We’re all real people too, with feelings and lives and stuff in the background.

Anyway, how’s your foot?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information