Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety causing feelings of worthlessness

STI?

I'm STUPID.

Basically on NYE I had protected vaginal and oral sex with a sex worker. I used a condom and I did not ejaculate (the condom did not break as far as I can tell, the lady gave me oral after the vaginal so she would have known).

Since then I have been terrified of having every STD under the sun from HIV to Syphillis, from chlamydia to crabs. I went to my GP who told me that I was at a very low risk for any STD and that I should go to see a sexual health clinic for peace of mind. I went to one and the lady said that I shouldn't worry about HIV, but that if I did want to get tested for chlamydia I should wait a week and go back and get tested.

I'm freaking out!! I don't want to die or to be infected, I feel absolutely horrible with myself and guilty and i don't want to give anyone else any of those illnesses. I keep researching STD's and ruminating around and around in my head that I'm going to die or give them to someone else. Is it likely that I have any of them? Can I get them even with using a condom? Please please help.

Re: STI?

I also have some symptoms, like sweating and shaking, and itching all over my body. There is no rash or anything, but I think it might be anxiety related?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiouscow View Post
    I also have some symptoms, like sweating and shaking, and itching all over my body. There is no rash or anything, but I think it might be anxiety related?
    I would say so! You’ve gotten yourself in a spin here, you had protected sex. The chances of STI transmission is lowered significantly because of this, you’re not experiencing symptoms of anything, give it a little while and get a panel done at a sexual health clinic if you feel you need to (this isn’t a bad practice regardless of who you have sex with- more people should get regular tests if they haven’t got steady partners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I would say so! You’ve gotten yourself in a spin here, you had protected sex. The chances of STI transmission is lowered significantly because of this, you’re not experiencing symptoms of anything, give it a little while and get a panel done at a sexual health clinic if you feel you need to (this isn’t a bad practice regardless of who you have sex with- more people should get regular tests if they haven’t got steady partners)

So you think I have nothing to worry about? I feel like the GP was almost laughing at me (not in a rude way), he was like "you wore a condom, isn't what they are for?"

I kinda sat there and felt silly for a bit but not even a GP could reassure me :/

So you think I have nothing to worry about? I feel like the GP was almost laughing at me (not in a rude way), he was like "you wore a condom, isn't what they are for?"

I kinda sat there and felt silly for a bit but not even a GP could reassure me :/
    Honestly I take the same opinion, you used protection, it’s not just to stop pregnancy after all.
    There is no harm in having a screening, like I said, more people should, I had checks at least once or twice a year when I wasn’t in monogamous relationships, but I didn’t always use a barrier method (hormonal contraceptives and I knew the people)

It’s not worth getting worked up over that’s for sure, take some time to rationalise and accept the feelings you’re having as those brought on by having anxiety, also ask yourself why this has been a trigger for you?
    Having protected sex is not stupid, do you have other feelings surrounding the act that might be influencing your anxiety? Anything else in your life that is causing you to react this way? (Other stressors or life events upcoming?)

Honestly I take the same opinion, you used protection, it’s not just to stop pregnancy after all.
    There is no harm in having a screening, like I said, more people should, I had checks at least once or twice a year when I wasn’t in monogamous relationships, but I didn’t always use a barrier method (hormonal contraceptives and I knew the people)

It’s not worth getting worked up over that’s for sure, take some time to rationalise and accept the feelings you’re having as those brought on by having anxiety, also ask yourself why this has been a trigger for you?
    Having protected sex is not stupid, do you have other feelings surrounding the act that might be influencing your anxiety? Anything else in your life that is causing you to react this way? (Other stressors or life events upcoming?)

Not really, I was having arguments with my ex and now we are back together and i guess I'm scared of giving her some horrible disease? I will wear a condom for any sex with her up until i get screened.

Because it was a sex worker this is why I'm feeling scared. Originally I thought I was going to get HIV but the Dr and nurse both reassured me the chances are negligible. Perhaps I'm overreacting...

Not really, I was having arguments with my ex and now we are back together and i guess I'm scared of giving her some horrible disease? I will wear a condom for any sex with her up until i get screened.

Because it was a sex worker this is why I'm feeling scared. Originally I thought I was going to get HIV but the Dr and nurse both reassured me the chances are negligible. Perhaps I'm overreacting...
    If you were both having sex with other people during this time it’s not a bad idea anyway until you can both get a check up. Never a bad idea when starting or restarting a new sexual relationship!

Sex workers make their living through this, many insist upon protection being used because if they get ill they aren’t going to be able to earn their money. Most also have very regular screenings. I know I would if it was the way I made my living, I would have too much on the line if I wasn’t able to work, not to mention wanting to protect my own health and well-being.

The chances are negligible, this is why we use protection in the first place.

If you were both having sex with other people during this time it’s not a bad idea anyway until you can both get a check up. Never a bad idea when starting or restarting a new sexual relationship!

Sex workers make their living through this, many insist upon protection being used because if they get ill they aren’t going to be able to earn their money. Most also have very regular screenings. I know I would if it was the way I made my living, I would have too much on the line if I wasn’t able to work, not to mention wanting to protect my own health and well-being.

Yeah I guess so. I'm going to get tested next week, until then I will just use a condom. Thank you so much for replying it means a lot.

I'm not so much scared of HIV anymore so thank you

I've done some thinking, and I mean, for the average Joe this wouldn't even be an issue. I had protected sex that I kinda regret, no big deal...

Perhaps I should be focusing on my HA more? And not on possibly having HIV or herpes etc?

I've done some thinking, and I mean, for the average Joe this wouldn't even be an issue. I had protected sex that I kinda regret, no big deal...

Perhaps I should be focusing on my HA more? And not on possibly having HIV or herpes etc?
    That’s definitely a good idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information