Thread: Nervous About Dermatologist Appointment

Nervous About Dermatologist Appointment

Hello Everyone,

I am on the verge of making a dermatologist appointment (routine appointment).

I was seeing another dermatologist but he doesn't accept my insurance anymore so I will have to see someone else (The American system is stupid)

I had a spot on my back removed last year and it turned out benign. I didn't go to my follow up because I found out they didn't accept my insurance. I really haven't noticed anything nefarious going on with that spot. No itching or anything but my mind always wonders if I have something that is bad.

The truth is I don't really go out in the sun a ton. I don't like laying out on the beach or go to tanning beds. I don't take my shirt off often. Sunbathing and going to the beach just isn't for me (Weird right? haha).

Does anyone have any advice for how to deal with this type of anxiety.

Re: Nervous About Dermatologist Appointment

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am on the verge of making a dermatologist appointment (routine appointment).

I was seeing another dermatologist but he doesn't accept my insurance anymore so I will have to see someone else (The American system is stupid)

I had a spot on my back removed last year and it turned out benign. I didn't go to my follow up because I found out they didn't accept my insurance. I really haven't noticed anything nefarious going on with that spot. No itching or anything but my mind always wonders if I have something that is bad.

The truth is I don't really go out in the sun a ton. I don't like laying out on the beach or go to tanning beds. I don't take my shirt off often. Sunbathing and going to the beach just isn't for me (Weird right? haha).

Does anyone have any advice for how to deal with this type of anxiety.
    Well you could start by reading your own post.

You had something removed that turned out to be nothing, no symptoms and you don't lay in the sun.

What exactly are you worried about?

Re: Nervous About Dermatologist Appointment

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Well you could start by reading your own post.

You had something removed that turned out to be nothing, no symptoms and you don't lay in the sun.

What exactly are you worried about?
    I guess I am just worried that they will find something bad and it will be too late. But I rationally know that this is not very likely.

I don't lay out in the sun or don't lay in tanning beds. In fact i don't like going to the beach. I can stay out there for maybe 30 minutes to an hour and then I have to go inside.

Thread Information