Thread: Imodium

Imodium

Was just wondering if anyone takes imodium for their IBS, but also suffers from open angle glaucoma. I have just been diagnosed with early glaucoma and in the past have taken imodium when I have a flare up of IBS, which helps a lot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really want to know if it is safe to take with glaucoma.

Re: Imodium

Isnt gloucoma an eye thing? I would have never put it in association with stomach things so thats interesting. Imodium is my angel; had IBS since december 2017 after what seemed to have been a bug. Its been intermittent hell since then but imodium has kept me good for as long as 2 months sometimes. I cant swallow pills either so i get the holiday imodium where its melt on the tongue. Its very safe but docs discourage it as its constipating

Re: Imodium

It is an eye thing yes, but some drugs can make the condition worse. I am going to ask at my next eye appointment in March but was hoping that someone on here might be in the same position. Glad to hear that imodium is working for you, it certainly makes life easier doesn't it.

Thread Information