Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My lifeline

Re: My lifeline

Well once again im immobile, its just died exactly the same as before. Will try to jump start tomorrow, work late monday and tuesday so could really do with it, hate walking home in dark!
    Perhaps if I could get to Wed, I could take it to garage then, I only left it 30 hours this time, I hate this!!
    Havent got money for expensive bills, so was hoping it was minor, booked a holiday for a week away, knew it was a mistake, tempting fate, should try to save up!

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Ohh not good mate

I put something away each month for repairs like this - just needed a new back end of exhaust on mine - £80!!!

It all adds up doesn't it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sadly I dont get any spare money now, due to paying single handedly high mortgage etc, and also had to re open the divorce files to sort something extra out too, I have scraped every penny for holiday, working lots of hours etc,havent had hair done since dont know when, all basic foods etc, but at least i get on holiday which I appreciate is more than a lot, I feel the need when cant go out here,
    Yes things do add up, so far Im fortunate as cost nothing, just wish knew what problem was , then could get sorted, instead of going to car everytime wondering if it will be flat or not, (just had it started by a friend jumping it)in one way Im hoping it is flat tomorrow, as Ive never jump started it, but have been shown how, so would like to get first try over with to prove to me i CAN do it!!

Hi Alexis

Sorry to hear of the probems you are having with your car

I asked my hubby what he thought maybe the probelm, hes quite good with car problems, his first instinct was the battery, but told him you had been told it wasnt that, he says it could possibly be the new CD player which you had fitted, if its been fitted incorrectly it will be "shorting to earth" which would make the battery flat. Could you ask someone to check to see if it is wired in properly??

Hope my post as been of help, and hope you get it sorted soon.
    Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Thanks Andrea, I was wondering that myself, but the guy who fit it has done many, and I take front cover off, may mean nothing i dont know,,, when i turn it over it doesnt go, and there is a noise and then goes dead except for a ticking noise, then dead completely, been told prob starter motor what does hubby think of that, my battery does go flat, but not until after the problem of not starting.
    My garage man is wonderful, but obviously cant diagnose as not heard noise, thanksxxxx

Alexis

He says if it just makes a clicking noise when you turn the key to start engine it is more likely to be the starter motor, but still thinks its weired how its started since you had the CD fitted its unusal for starter motor problems with KA though at such a young age, my mum and niece have a Ka and havent had any probs with starter motor and they are alot older than yours!

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi Andrea, yes I was surprised to be suffering problems so early too, the guy who is dealing with it, is the guy who sold it to me, as he said, he bought car in part exchange, I never even got a manual, he is super though,and I will mention cd player again, may ask him to dismantle for a while, just to eliminate it,,the guy who fitted cd player has done loads, but once he got in to work out why my radio cassette wasnt working,he found it was all cut wires, we think the previous one was stollen, he went on to fit the little plastic bits,
    I love my ka, and know once this is sorted it will be good as new, I really appreciate your help and give my many thanks to hubby.xxx

Alexis

Well i hope you get it sorted quickly and to dismantle the wires shouldnt cost much to eliminate that problem, i no what its like myself when you dont have a car .

love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thanks Andrea, got a late night tommorow, and an early start,must go bed now, for a few hours,will post if anything different tommorow night, deffo got a problem that will peak, so many thanks for your help, and hubbys too, xx

Hi

I had a CD player fitted and it kept draining my battery. What I do now is take the relevant fuse out of the box when the car is going to be stationary for a while. This stops the battery going flat. Try that and see how it works.

Sheena

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information