Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Imipramine, have I made the right choice?

Re: Imipramine, have I made the right choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlar13 View Post
    I know what you mean but I have been struggling with insomnia for around 12 weeks on and off.
    The TCA amitriptyline might have been a good option as it is a much more potent antihistamine which usually aids sleep.

They had me on 60mg of duloxetine a bit back and I personally felt it was too high a dosage, it turned me into an a-sexual apathetic mess.
    60mg is the recommended minimum dose for healthy adults with a maximum of 120mg.

- - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

I wanted to try amitriptyline and if I don't get much luck with paroxetine, then it maybe one that is worth mentioning to the psychiatrist when I eventually get an appointment.

I've been on paroxetine a week, so I've not fully tapered off imipramine. But so far so good, I feel a lot more relaxed and I haven't been losing my temper like I was a couple of weeks ago.

I'll see if I can dig out my old prescription as I usually store them, but I remember thinking the dosage was high on duloxetine.

For what it's worth I never went over 30 mg on citalopram and I only stopped and changed from that to sertraline because I was worried about the weight gain aspect. In hindsight it was a foolish decision.

I just thought I would post a quick update in regards to how im getting on with paroxetine.

I must admint so far so good, in fact I feel really well at the moment. Not quite good enough that I feel I am ready to tackle the issues with Diazepam or Zopiclone yet (although im not sure there is ever really a good time). But I have managed to get both ack down to the dosages I was originally taking.

The only side effects I have had are the usually with regards to the sex drive although I am taking a low dose of Gingko as I dont fancy upping that too much so early and I have been getting pretty vivid nightmares.

But yeah so far onwards and upwards,

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlar13 View Post
    I am taking a low dose of Gingko as I dont fancy upping that too much so early and I have been getting pretty vivid nightmares.
    Just a small note of caution, ginkgo is a mild anticoagulant as are SSRIs so watch out for nose and gum bleeding, or an increased susceptibility to bruising as you increase the ginkgo dose. Most won't experience a problem, but...and I'd avoid taking aspirin, or another NSAID painkiller. Paracetamol, aka acetaminophen, would be the better option for minor pain relief.

- - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information