Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Googling support thread

No Googling support thread

So I had a bit of a rock bottom moment tonight. I was spiralling about something health related that I've been obsessing about for weeks and felt close to a breakdown. I felt so overwhelmed by my health anxiety and so sick of having it.

Every single health anxiety recovery story I've read has one thing in common - don't Google. Ever.

I know this, but it's so hard. I relapse every few days and get back in the cycle.

My therapist suggested I try to get some accountability for not Googling. I don't feel comfortable doing that with people in my life, so wondered if it would be okay to do it here?

I would love it if people would join this thread so we can support each other not to Google symptoms or health related things that feed our anxiety.

So if you want to join the no Googling support thread, just comment below.

I'll start:

Hi, I'm Carrie and it's been 1 hour since I Googled something about my health

Re: No Googling support thread

Hi Carrie,

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Google has undoubtedly been a major factor in my current downward spiral. I've not googled anything yet today about my chronic headache and now dizziness (docs are adamant its stress and anxiety related) so I'm probably about 14hrs clean. Lets see how long we can go.....!

Ben

What a wonderful idea!

I think you should all commit to not mentioning your own symptoms either on this thread? Just stick to supporting each other to avoid googling or "consulting" other unhelpful medical sites?

Good luck-it's the only way to make a stand against HA and it's in your power to do it!

I agree Pulisa. This thread is just for support and to share improvements in your health anxiety from not Googling. Please don't post about what you want to Google about or ask questions about health concerns.

Good on you Ben. Remember that Google only makes you feel worse in the long-run (and sometimes earlier too). Stay strong.

It's lunchtime here and I had a fleeting urge to Google something, but then remembered this thread and put my phone away
    Last edited by carriewriting; 05-02-20 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    It's lunchtime here and I had a fleeting urge to Google something, but then remembered this thread and put my phone away
    Whoop whoop!!! 👍💪

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you should all commit to not mentioning your own symptoms either on this thread.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Symptom talk is so popular on here and very much a part of maintaining HA so it's even more of a challenge if it's banned on a thread!

I hope everyone reading the thread is doing well and keeping well away from Google and similar unhelpful sites. It gets easier once you realise how liberated you feel steering clear of internet rubbish.

Also having your own ways to cope with health concerns is far more empowering than having to rely on a soulless search engine

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    a soulless search engine
    Sooooo perfect!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information