Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Googling support thread

Re: No Googling support thread

No you don't feel better, but it's still engaging the same part of the brain that thinks it will be by checking.

Like at night. I turn the lights off downstairs and walk upstairs to bed, and do I have to look back every night to check to see if there's anything in the dark room behind me? The room I was just sitting in for 5 hours. The room I JUST left? Of course I have to check. Because boogeymen.

Really wish I saw this post before my latest HA worry!!

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    No you don't feel better, but it's still engaging the same part of the brain that thinks it will be by checking.

Like at night. I turn the lights off downstairs and walk upstairs to bed, and do I have to look back every night to check to see if there's anything in the dark room behind me? The room I was just sitting in for 5 hours. The room I JUST left? Of course I have to check. Because boogeymen.
    I'm terrible for checking for safety issues and my brain is quite convinced that gas taps can turn themselves back on/doors can unlock themselves etc etc but I've got a way to cope with that and have learned to control the worst of it. I have to admit to recently falling off the bandwagon due to prolonged stress at home though so guilty as charged!

Google is the place where you type in sniffles and it tells you, you have cancer, also banged my knee, google will scream cancer, google is not a doctor it can't diagnose you, the only one that can is a doctor when I got cellulitis, I went to urgent care, I told the doctor that I believe I have cellulitis and I am scared, he goes let me guess you googled, I said yes, he laughed and said I wish my patients would stop doing that, he goes google makes it so much worse than what it really is, what google does is sweep through a bunch of medical articles and sites and lists the top hits and searches, then picks up on frequent keywords and then compile them to say anything and everything is cancer, I googled how to treat a hangnail once, and it came up cancer.

Really failing today with heart paranoia!!!! rubbish not happy at all

So I googled my symptoms yesterday and it told me lung cancer. Went to the doc today, it’s Influenza B. Google is not all knowing lol. Always seems to give the worst case results!!

so today I’m resisting googling “tamiflu side effects” and “influenza b”. I’ll just lay here and watch tv instead lol.

Trust your own GP, glassgirl, who has actually seen you and is treating you.What would be the point of using Dr Google?

Get well soon!

Okay, I'm joining the group too. It's sooooo hard for me not to google. I am a trained and highly educated genealogist and historian. The part of my personality that makes these vocations perfect for me is that I have a "have to figure it out" gene. I essentially have lived my life researching and figuring out mysteries.

I hate not knowing what is wrong with my body or why it is doing something unusual. With my anxiety stuff, so often I go to the doctor and they give me a shrug. They don't know why this weird thing is happening to me. Sometimes the shrug comes after several invasive tests which I think have been detrimental to my overall health. Radiation, contrast, and all that stuff isn't good for our bodies.

As part of my healing, I need to accept that my body is going to be quirky sometimes and I'm not going to know why. Google freaks me out and often sends panicky me to my doctor. Doctors then often feel that they need to protect themselves by testing, testing, and more testing. It's a vicious circle.

So, consider me as part of the group. It has been two hours since I googled a symptom GO me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Trust your own GP, glassgirl, who has actually seen you and is treating you.What would be the point of using Dr Google?

Get well soon!
    thats my plan! I’ve been burned so many times by Dr Google - gotta learn eventually!!

Oh my gosh!!! I already googled. My left hand has been feeling strange, and I was thinking maybe I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome or something. So I looked up the symptoms. Wow!!! I think there was every disease in the book listed. YIKES!!!

Google is like an auto response for me. Do they have rehab for google? LOL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information