Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suicidal again ffs!

Re: Suicidal again ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I thought you were agoraphobic though?

Just make sure you have thought this through before committing to anything? You do seem to be easily persuaded....
    It's something that was dropped a while back. I have a weight bench and gym setup at home and I'd offered him to come and use it anytime. He'd mentioned he was doing what I assumed was boxing. I was invited then but I was in a different kind of hell at that point. The female neighbor sometimes pops around for a coffee to chat to my partner, she's also got very similar anxiety and depression problems as me.

This month I've made it to a family meal, a number of walks, taking the kiddies to the park. When I'm up I'm up. When I'm down I'm flat on my face. The meds seem to be working aside from the odd blip.

The way I see it is what's the loss in trying? If I find it too difficult I can say I tried, didn't like it, wasn't for me. But at least I'd have had that different experience. More exposure to different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Hey James...

Sorry to hear you're struggling :( One thing you have to your advantage is being a musician. Being a lifelong musician myself, I know first hand how therapeutic music is. Having gone though very challenging times both physically and emotionally in my life, I knew there was always my music to make me feel better. Use it... immerse yourself in it. You may find you do you best work when you put it in your music's hands I know for me, that those challenging tomes produced some of my best work.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you Fishmanpa. Yes, you're right. Music is very therapeutic. I started working on a MIDI controller where I can use my fingers to output MIDI notes. Finger drumming It's just a strip of tinfoil, some tin foil selotaped to my fingers and a microbit ... but so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Thank you Fishmanpa. Yes, you're right. Music is very therapeutic. I started working on a MIDI controller where I can use my fingers to output MIDI notes. Finger drumming It's just a strip of tinfoil, some tin foil selotaped to my fingers and a microbit ... but so fun.
    Does this mean you have recycled your tin foil hat?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Does this mean you have recycled your tin foil hat?
    It does. But I've replaced it with a solid metal hat. Not only does it block out all frequencies, it provides protection from potential concision should I ever fall over. Just been on another long night time walk with the doggies. I didn't wear it out, people might think I'm coo coo.

As we're doing the back garden I said the misses the dogs are not allowed to poo in the garden unless it's absolutely necessary so we need to start taking them for walks regular. I opted for all the night time walks because I can deal with going out in the dark. Vampirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    It does. But I've replaced it with a solid metal hat. Not only does it block out all frequencies, it provides protection from potential concision should I ever fall over. Just been on another long night time walk with the doggies. I didn't wear it out, people might think I'm coo coo.

As we're doing the back garden I said the misses the dogs are not allowed to poo in the garden unless it's absolutely necessary so we need to start taking them for walks regular. I opted for all the night time walks because I can deal with going out in the dark. Vampirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.
    And don't leave you new metal helmet upside on the floor outside or you might find a 'pressie' in there from one of your dogs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information