Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overcoming Anxiety

Overcoming Anxiety

Hi my name is Lisa I have always been a nervous person even as a young child but 5 years ago i had some trouble at home and this resulted in panic attacks and depression. I have done a lot of research on anxiety and depression and would like to say this is the best site I have come across. I'm due to start CBT soon but am a bit worried that when I start to overcome my anxiety that I'll get depressed cause I know this sounds strange but when i have nothing to worry about I get down. Could anybody help give me some advice. Thank you

Lisa

dear loulou,

my depresion and anxiety are linked so when i tend to feel less anxious my depression lifts as well.

all the best of overcoming depression and anxiety

camilla

Hi Lisa

Welcome aboard. I am pleased that the site has helped you - it took me a long time to write it all but it was designed to help fellow sufferers.

I have moved your post to here cos sometimes people don't look at the posts that are just for me and you will get a better response here.

CBT is great and will really help but it is HARD work and you have to want to work at it to get better.

Why do you think you get down when you have nothing to worry about it? Do you feel that you don't deserve to feel happy and stress free? If so this is quite common.

Do you work or get out atall? Do you have any support at home.

Sorry for all the questions, it just helps to know the background info as well.

Hope you post some more

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your reply. I do work and can go out but i get quite panicky so I tend to stay in a lot when I'm not working. I dont go clubbing as i get too nervous which gets me down cause everyone tells me thats not normal for a 22 year old single girl which really knocks my confidence cause i wish I was nomal like over people but I just cant relax when i go to a club so i just dont go I dont think that i dont deserve to be happy I just feel like when I'm not anxious there is nothing in my life to look forward to even though I have a great family who i adore. Also the uncertanty worries me like i'm scared i'll never marry and have children and will be let on my own.

Lisa

Lisa

I was the same as you. I carried on working but never went out in the evenings or weekends. I wouldn't worry about the clubbing scene unless you are really into it. I was never really a "clubber" so was not too worried that I missed out.

I used to carry on going to pubs and playing pool - I love that - and although I panic'd I knew that I had to have a "normal" life so I carried it on. I didn't enjoy it cos I was panicking but I knew that I had to do it - it was very HARD I have to admit.

Uncertainity and worry plays a big part in our lives and we wonder how we will ever get better - it overwhelms us and confuses us.

You are still young and you can get back on track with our help and support and we will give that to you.

It takes time and it takes HARD work but we can provide the support whilst you do it and can offer advice too.

I hope we can help you cos you are still young and have a long life ahead and I was there 11 years ago wishing I was cured.

Wishing you well.

Nicola

hi Lisa,

Just wanted to say 'welcome to the site'!!

Sarah

hello there and welcome to the site

Hi Lisa a big WELCOME TO THE SITE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
    learn as much about it as you can.
    Knowledge conquers fear.

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the site

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the site.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information