Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Re: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

thanks for the reply i feel better already i have started to express myself to my mum and girlfriend like never before i rememberd that i had a panic attack around 6 months ago but put it down to a bad hangover and it went same day, its only really since the doctors told me about anxiety im worried of having a attack im really starting to make progress with the breatheing and i got to sleep just after my last post on here...

im gunna start taking st johns wart and relaxing but trying to go gym alot more.

thanks for replying its made my day

I

Quote Originally Posted by boppers View Post
    I've found books on CD really help with this. For whatever reason, listening to the book distracts me exactly enough that I am not having tons of anxious/panicking thoughts. In fact, I actually look forward to getting into the car every once in a while now to hear the next part of my book! This is a huge improvement over this summer when I couldn't even drive 4 miles to work.
    Thank-you so much for that advice and Im sure going to try it out, a brilliant idea,,I will do anything to make life easier with driving, thanks again. karen

Quality =] feel better already cheers

Hi... i have been suffering from panic attack from last 2 months. i am having spitting problem... i am having this problem all most all day long... i m really upset about this... and now a days i am afraid to talk with people because i feel spit is in my mouth... so i feel if i talk my spit will increase and i will have to spit in front of the person which is shameful... is there any medicine that can reduce my spitting problem... i m really having depression... i m a student... my parents have great hope on me... but this problem is disturbing my life... i feel i have to spit even in important situation such as when i am in the exam hall... is there anybody suffering from the same problem or had this problem before... if yes then plz plz tell me how to get rid of this...

Hi,
    Just read your advice its gr8 so thank you for posting it! I have all the usual symptons of panic/anxiety but one is worrying me the most, its the numbness in my left arm and an ache from time to time would you know why this happens at is causes me to have more and more attacks.

Cheers.

Hi There Michelle,
    Yes brilliant advice,it does work. It does for me anyway, i have learned to relax more- even though I have lots to worry about, I have a bit of me time. Although I have said this I don't know if I could cope without my meds.
    All the best

Hi all ,

Sorry its not often I come on this site any more, but I am pleased the information I put on here is still proving usefull to so many. I am indeed recovered and have been for a long time now. I still have bouts of anxiety which are totally normal and understandable when your a mother of 4 and now a grandmother to 1 and another due in April.

Anxiety is normal , try to remember that its just that unfortunatly right now many of you have too much of it in your lives and the levels are too high.

I hope that you all make a good speedy recovery and have a wonderfull xmas and new year .

love to all

Michelle xx
    But you try farting and see how much attention you get !!!

Hi , just joined today , i would be greatful if someone could offer me advice , i am having problems with anxiety , when i try to sleep my nose blocks up on one side and i start feeling hot , sort of a hot head , which then tells me my whole body is over hot and i pull the bed clothes off , then pull them back over because i get cold and a cycle start where panic / anxiety sets in , after a short while of trying to sleep i get up and go down stairs & watch a dvd, i then try going back to bed and struggle with the same problem all over again .

Last night i went to bed at 10.30 , spent 2 hours trying to sleep , finally slept at 12.30 only to wake up at 1.30 then try to sleep for another hour , give up and watch a dvd then back to bed at 3.20 , slept till 7.00 .

I do use breath right and have recently changed to a really heathly eating . I am 47 .

many thanks Wizard9

Thanks Michelle - this post has helped me so much, especially with tonights anxieties - just by following your breathing tip I've managed to stop my hands from shaking and my hot sweat and am now drinking a cup of tea. Thankyou so much for the assistance - your help has been invaluable!! Maybe now I can get two hours sleep before work! Thanks again x

I also feel lightheaded all the time ... I can easily skip dinner and not even think about it. But I started feelin better once I went emergency and was given strong headache tablets and was told she thinks I've got depression. I also have weird vision. Flahing light when I close my eyes and like I'm seein static ... I tole her about the flashin ans she said it to do with my headaches but eben when I don't have one I still have the weird vision and lights. I'm seein my gp today to be refered for depression and to get am eye test. I just don't totall buy there's symptoms with anxiety. I admit I worry and I have a very crzy crazy beby who is hard work and I'm only 17. She has gave me some frightful times and I have to make sure she is breathin before I go sleep etc. I will stand with her for a few minutes t nake sure. And there has been times where I havnt been able to hear her so I will get up and go over to her. My head just feel tense and foggy all the time :( and when I lie down to sleep I seem to feel the room spinnin and my heard poundin through my body. This has made me worry from the moment I get up about the night and gettin back in bed to sleep. Also I've woke up one mornin with the room spinnin which made me sick. So I feel anxious about mornings too and wakin up for oit to hhappen again!! I'm guna make sure I speak to my gp again today

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information