Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Smile Re: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Hi Michelle

You are really inspiring. I have been getting better and better, the panic attacks had stopped and I had started to eat again. Then this last couple of weeks things have been getting worse, I'm feeling anxious alot and have had a couple of panic attacks. I had put lots of things in place to help me get better, not taking on so much, not rushing everwhere, staying at home with the kids more, going to bed early, diet and not drinking alcohol but as you start to feel better you let things slide so I am thinking it means I need to step back and start again.
    Before this all started I used to run, then I stopped because I found it physically impossible to due lack of sleep, energy, food etc. About 3 weeks ago I started running again and have been feeling very proud of myslef. I started doing a bit of swimming as well. now I feel like I am under pressure to keep it up 4 times a week like I used to!

I know I am on the road to recovery but it seems like a long haul, I had been hoping to come off the Citalopram after christmas but now think I'll stop thinking about it and take it a bit slower. The steps backwards are hard to take. I just have to remember what a mess I was 6 months ago and how far I have come.

xx

Re: Tips for dealing with Anxiety and Panic

Hi Michelle, Thought you may like to hear that I have been down town for a couple of hours this morning. Parked up in two separare places to do it and had an hour at each. By the time I was going back to the car at the second location I felt a slight bit easier and a touch more confident. I even managed a de caff coffee and sat in the cafe 20 minutes. So that was a bit better I think.

2 hours is the longest I have managed down town in a few months but I must keep it in my head that NOTHING HAPPENED other than feeling a bit strange and dithery.

The breathing exercises are on going too. So thats good.

And I agree with Nicomi, you are really inspiring.

BasilCat

Anyone know where Michelle is?

Thanks
    Shirley

hey,
    great thread seriously the best! im having a bit of a blip at the moment and had forgotten most of those strategies...but thanks to what uv wrote im more positive i can use them .

the method of distraction is what i really need.

two thumbs up for ur post hehe.

luv lawzy x

There are obviously a lot of little tricks to use when out and about which can reduce the chance of panicking. But what would be the 1,2 or 3 top things which are the most effective? I ask this because it can be hard to remember all these techniques.

Hi Leafar, I quite agree with you. The top 3 tips thats are most effective would be most useful wouldnt they.

BasilCat

Michelle,

This is excellent! Thank you very much!

David

from Blossom I enoyed reading your comments, I suffer from agoraphobia and Anxiety, many years and have all these things written about, but I would like to hear from anyone that wakes every morning crying, which turns into a panic attack, and I want to run, but where to,
    This crying has been with me foR about seven years now, I dread going to bed as I think " Oh dear the morning " Do you think it could have become a habit, as its on my mind all the time, I seem to live in the pasy when my son was young, amd had family around me, but now they have aall passed away, the loneliness is unbearable. Please someone answer me if you can from Blossom

Hey blossom, nice of you to join us as I've spoken to you via Yvonne.
    I dread the mornings too as the panic tends to start as I wake up.

keep posting on here,its helps

Love Joy

Blossom hallo sweetheart and it's lovely to see you on here xxxxxx

I really hope someone who knows their stuff adds a reply about the crying - remember I went through that badly when I came off Seroxat and it lasted ages.

Also I get the thing where I feel as if I could cry when I get panc sensations - especially the lurching stomach. I think it's a bit like despair of "here comes another panic they are still with me the demons". I dunno would like to hear others comments on that anyway.

Maybe Michelle can offer some of her great advice here. Michelle, I was amazed about the tongue thing!

Bloss to me you may need a med change but I know you are not keen on that, - however it can be done and I think you could be so much betterxxx

My new medication Moclobemide is working well and I have been on it less than a week. I have had a positive response to it already. I keep remembering that you yourself had a very good therapeutic response when you were on an MAOI many years ago.

We KNOW what it was that messed YOU ME AND JOY up it was the damned Seroxat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Us and a lot of others.

All my love to you Blossom and I hope you get some replies on herexxxxxxx

Big hugs to a lovely ladyxxxxxxx

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information