Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates please

Updates please

Any news on how your all doing, I see Sunny is doing well, what about DS and Jo ?.

Re: Updates please

Hey Maca. I'm alright thanks. Things are pretty difficult but trying to push on. I finally came off Ven completely a couple of weeks ago, after getting down to a quarter of a tablet! Still getting a few withdrawal head shocks but not too bad. I'm on plenty of other meds though. How are you doing Maca?

Its good to hear from you but was hopeing things would be better for you. Im doing good on 225mg of Ven, im not jumping for joy but able to function and on special days, joke and smile 😀.

Thanks Maca, that's really kind of you to check in. I'm so pleased you're doing well, and I think being able to function and feel "normal" is the aim of the game. Roll on spring and lighter evenings, and keep on smiling

Hi, I’m good thanks, nearly 3 weeks on the highest dose of 375mg and still taking quetiapine and mirtazapine. I’m pretty much feeling like my old self but still get the odd few days when the OCD thoughts creep back in and start to get me down but I think I’m coping with them much better.

I’m only seeing the NHS psychiatrist now and she seems keen to get me off the other two meds now i’m at the highest dose of ven. She can’t see the benefit of being on 3 drugs, two of which cause massive weight gain but I’m not feeling ready for another med change yet so will probably push back if she suggests changing anything else when I see her in a few weeks. I just want to keep on feeling stable and if that means taking the mirtazapine and quetiapine for a few more months (and piling on the pounds ) then so be it. I can sort out the love handles and thunder thighs later .

Make sure you get your BP checked regularly on this dose of ven, Jo.

That's so good to hear Jo. So pleased you're feeling so much better. I completely understand not wanting to rock the boat with the meds. I've also gained weight, annoyingly, though since I stopped mirtazapine it has at least stabilised. You're right though, that can be dealt with later, and I would hope that your psych will at least stop them one at a time. Onwards and upwards

Great news Jo, yes the last thing on my mind was weight gain but once i stopped Mirt my evening mad munchies went after a month or so off the drug. I am so pleased the Ven is doing its thing.

Well ain’t it typical, as soon as I post that I think I’m on the up, I crash back down again . When I increased to 300 it was the anxiety that calmed down but the depression wouldn’t lift. Now just over three weeks on 375mg, the depression has eased but now the anxiety has come bouncing back....I can’t win, just want them both to bugger off .

AND.....breathe.....
    Last edited by Jo79; 13-02-20 at 15:20.

I'm sure they will bugger off its never going to be good all the time just try to dwell on how good it has been. Bloody frustrating isn't it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information