Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First day on Prozac

Re: First day on Prozac

Hello again
    i am finding the propranalol useful but I have been on 2 x 20mg for 2 years and the anxiety has reappeared. The problem with taking 3 times a days is my heart rate drops to low 50’s and I am finding they make me tired. I am also getting some blurry vision which I understand can be a side effect and that sparks my health anxiety so it’s a bit of a vicious circle!
    I will look at the fish oils and magnesium. I already take Vit B complex and Vitamin D.
    I have looked up diphenhydramine and it’s the ingredient in Nytol tablets and liquid. These can be bought from a pharmacy over the counter so Might give that a try as well!

thanks again for your informative answer. I am sure it will help a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Penelope View Post
    i am finding the propranalol useful but I have been on 2 x 20mg for 2 years and the anxiety has reappeared.
    Beta-blockers don't actually reduce anxiety as such, but prevent, or lessen the adrenaline fueled flight-or-flight symptoms of anxiety which can make it easier to cope with anxiety to some extent.

The problem with taking 3 times a days is my heart rate drops to low 50’s and I am finding they make me tired.
    I'm currently taking another med which has the same effect so my caffeine intake is through the roof. Fortunately, I'll soon be off it. It's turning me into an even older geezer than I am reduced to taking afternoon naps.

I will look at the fish oils and magnesium. I already take Vit B complex and Vitamin D.
    The amount of B6 in multi vitamins is likely too low to have an effect. The usual dose for morning sickness is 10-25mg 3 times a day. Don't take more than 75-100mg/day.

I have looked up diphenhydramine and it’s the ingredient in Nytol tablets and liquid. These can be bought from a pharmacy over the counter so Might give that a try as well!

Thanks for the info on Nytol.

Thank you. Checked the B complex. It’s only 10mg B6 and suggested 2 tablets a day. Might be better on just B6 at a higher dose.

i always avoid caffeine as I feel it’s bad for my anxiety. I do find the 3 doses of propranalol make me sleepy and if I’m not working I would definitely have an afternoon nap. I do wonder if I would be better on the slow release one instead of trying to space out the 3 doses each day. Might mention to GP when I see her next week.

take care

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information