Thread: Hormones

Hormones

Hi I’ve posted a few times about bleeding between periods or bleeding lasting longer than usual. I’ve seen my dr about it a couple of times and she’s put it down to weight loss (4stone) taking cerelle and hormones.

It’s happened again today finished bleeding Sunday after a normal 7 day period then this morning 6 days later I’m bleeding again. Had no idea it was coming on just woke up with period pains and bam!

I think I’ve noticed a pattern it seems to happen like this every 3rd period and this extra bleed which isn’t usually heavy can last up to 2 weeks. Does this sound hormonal? If so is there anything I can do or is it just a matter of riding it out until everything balances again?

Was due a smear in January, went for it and it came back clear last week also when this happened in September I had other swabs done and they all came back clear

Re: Hormones

A lot of women will experience abnormal bleeding during their reproductive years... it's more normal than you'd think. And weight loss and stress/anxiety definitely affects our hormones.
    And if you've had a clear smear, I wouldn't worry about it.

I often experience spotting around ovulation. I also often experience period-like pains and light bleeding on/off during the week after my period has ended, like my body didn't manage to get rid of all the blood during my period… it's annoying, but not dangerous.

Re: Hormones

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t panic this time as I thought I saw a pattern and remembered what I had been told last time. I’ve lightly bled for 6 days and thought it had stopped yesterday only for it to start again today. I’m due an appointment to repeat my prescription in the next few weeks so I’ll keep a log and mention it again then

Thread Information