Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried starting Valdoxan will make me worse

Worried starting Valdoxan will make me worse

I have been falling into an absolute heap, which all started just before Christmas when I got a boil on my breast.

My HA peaked and I have gone round in circles with various illness thoughts and scares.

I am in therapy but can’t see her for 3 weeks as she is on leave.

I saw my gp last night because I just feel broken, sad and hopeless at the moment. I am crying daily and constantly obsessing, at the moment it’s due to some lower back pain and my stool movements - you can guess where I have been going however so proud to not have been googling.

Anyhow, he has prescribed Valdoxan however I see it can impact your liver and routine bloods are required to monitor. I am just not sure with my HA that this is the right medication for me? I am worried that it will only make me freak out and obsess about this potential side effect.

Has anyone else been on this medication and have and feedback? I have read in the medication sub but doesn’t seem to be used that widely.

Re: Worried starting Valdoxan will make me worse

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is such a scary thing to deal with.

I have not heard of Valdoxan. Apparently it is not used in the United States. I've had to take some pretty serious meds in the past. I had the same issues with them that you do. I finally took them because I decided that I'd rather deal with the side effects of the medication than continue to feel the way I was feeling. I didn't have to stay on those meds forever. They put me in a little better place in a short period of time. After that, I moved to other meds.

In reality, all meds have certain side effects. If we want to feel better, sometimes we have to swallow that stupid pill and hope for the best.

That's my take on the matter. You, however, know yourself way better than your doctor. You are the one in power. Take your doc's advice and then do what YOU feel is right. If you doc doesn't value your input, find another one.

Best to you!! A boil on my breast would really freak me out. It would definitely be enough to send me spiraling. I said a prayer for you. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you!
    I have made another appt with my gp to discuss tomorrow night. The thought of having to have blood tests to monitor my liver seems counter productive to help my HA. He is really lovely and I am sure he will listen and understand.

I was on pristiq many years ago and I remember that was no fun, so understand meds have their side effects (wish they didn’t lol)

I just want to feel better and be a better version of myself. This version is not fun at all.

Bloody boil triggered me bad! FYI it is all good now and healed.

Valdoxen is awesome! My 22 year old son started using it last year, and he is heaps better. It's not on the pbs though, so it is a bit expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    Valdoxen is awesome! My 22 year old son started using it last year, and he is heaps better. It's not on the pbs though, so it is a bit expensive.
    That is fantastic - so happy to hear your son is doing better with it.

Can I ask, has he had the blood test monitoring / any issues with liver using it?

Yes, he gets his liver bloods checked regularly. No issue with it so far

I'd give it a go, if you happen to have anything wrong, you can just stop taking this med, unlike other antidepressants.

Yes, he gets his liver bloods checked regularly. No issue with it so far

I'd give it a go, if you happen to have anything wrong, you can just stop taking this med, unlike other antidepressants.
    Thank you!
    I was just thinking that perhaps this will just set off my HA more having to do this and if it would make me stress more.

I filled the script. Debating wether to take it or not.

I am also trying to fall pregnant and there doesn’t seem to be any info on if there are any issues taking it, doesn’t appear to be many studies.
    Last edited by Lauz; 10-02-20 at 09:04.

I took it - its 9:15pm.
    I’ll keep this thread updated with how I go with it.

Did it give you a good sleep? It regulated my son's sleeping pattern really well

Did it give you a good sleep? It regulated my son's sleeping pattern really well
    Not really. I slept and then was basically awake the rest of the night.
    This morning I vomited and have had heart burn and feeling off with tightness through my back.

I am not sure if this is the meds or my anxiety, that’s the tough part and I struggle with that with my HA basically making me think there is something else wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information