Hi all,

I have a question for those of you currently taking Citalopram. Have you noticed any discernible differences in your energy levels, whether for better or worse, since taking the drug?

I'm just wondering as anxiety/depression/OCD are conditions I've battled with for several years now and I was prescribed Citalopram 5 years ago but never took it as I was concerned about potential side effects at the time. I've had good and bad periods of mental health since then, all completely unmedicated but I've been struggling again recently with low-mood and some anxiety due to recent stress/life events but most of all just feeling completely tired and drained all the time. I don't know if this is down to my mental health or perhaps some physical reason but I just want to know if taking Citalopram might make me feel more energised as I'm sick of feeling tired and fed up all the time.

Moreover, I've heard for some people antidepressants make them feel more fatigued but that depression and other mental health conditions themselves make people feel fatigued too so it's a bit of a minefield really knowing what to think about medication and if it will help or make me worse in regards to the fatigue. Any insight would be appreciated.