Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

I have acid reflux and from my experience you can get chest pains all over like that. Usually with acid reflux you can get heartburn and gas, which go hand in hand with acid reflux. When you do get some antacids and if the pain subsides, especially if you burp a lot or pass gas, after you take one, then you'll know what the problem is. Because real heart issues don't stop giving you problems after you've taken antacids. Another clue is if the pain/heartburn starts up not too long after you eat.

Yeah, I only got the pains later this evening, and the taste after I belch later as well, I stopped eating just before 8pm tonight (its now nearly 3am here), so not sure if it would be repeating after so long, but I'm drinking plenty of water now. I had a greasy breakfast (late around 12am, and then had no dinner and only chocolate snacks the rest of the day. so probably didn't help.

The chest pain is coming now and again, like a thumping pain, its a mild sensation, but once I start getting it I start panicking that its a heart attack or something serious. Then I start stressing, which probably won't help. I haven't got any burning like heartburn feeling, just when I belch a real sicky taste. Yeah, so my worry goes straight to heart attacks and other such things.

What you are eating is the perfect recipe for reflux, which causes chest pain. In fact, pain from reflux can radiate almost anywhere in my experience.

Yeah, I avoided anything like that today. No horrible taste when belching, but still getting a bit of chest pain, but not sure if its being caused by my back left shoulder blade maybe? My shoulder often gets sore and achy, you can hear cracking noises as well.

It's a mild pain, and I don't get it often, only started up again this evening, like a thumping pain, but my mind instantly goes to heart attacks and other heart things, which is why I panic more.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Im 32, female, hypothyroid, slightly overweight and I know I need to exercise more as I have a sedentary lifestyle and bad posture too. But I suffer really badly with anxiety and depression, and this has me panicky after Googling about my rib pain.

I had a greasy breakfast (late around 12am, and then had no dinner and only chocolate snacks the rest of the day. so probably didn't help.

Seriously? You say the same thing time after time.... What do you expect?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Yeah, I avoided anything like that today. No horrible taste when belching, but still getting a bit of chest pain, but not sure if its being caused by my back left shoulder blade maybe? My shoulder often gets sore and achy, you can hear cracking noises as well.

It's a mild pain, and I don't get it often, only started up again this evening, like a thumping pain, but my mind instantly goes to heart attacks and other heart things, which is why I panic more.
    Well if you move your left arm and your shoulder/shoulder blade hurts a little more in a certain way or with a particular movement, I doubt it's going to be any heart issues. It could be a joint issue, pinched nerve, arthritis, or anything besides heart issues. And if you can be mindful of your negative thoughts, that would eventually help a lot with your panic attacks in the long run.

I didn't know where else to post this but, since yesterday my heart rate has been a little higher than normal, or what I'm use too. Yesterday I had a takeaway around 6pm, and took my 10mg Propranolol afterwards, but all night my heart rate was high 90-110's. It settled a bit down later that evening but was still high, which I thought was strange because I haven't stopped taking my medications or reduced it, but I can feel it more than normally.

And today has been the same, is raised into above 100, and has stayed in the 80-90's and is still high tonight and sometimes when I check it, it jumps back above 100. I've now started to feel really on edge about it and thinking theirs something wrong, maybe an infection or something else. Obviously because I have a fear of Pulmonary embolism too, has me worried too. Since yesterday also, in the bottom left side of my tummy (just a little across from hip bone), I've had a sore spot there, its sore when I touch it, but that's about it.

Just a few minutes ago, I got a flutter sensation, and when I checked, it jumped up over 100, but then went back down into the 80's, but is staying high. Well for me, as I'm use to it being in the 70's and at night going into the 60's, because I've been taking the propranolol 10mg daily for a long time now.

I don't know what's causing this palpitations because I don't feel anxious but its beginning to make me anxious out of fear theirs something going on, or its serious. PE is obviously something I'm scared of it being too, but also my heart and such. I don't know what's going on, and its making me feel scared.

I'm still having a slightly raised heart rate, when I woke up this morning it was between 100-115, and sorting of spiking up and down between 85-100 at the moment, which is probably why I'm feeling a bit shaky as well, which is not helping my worries about it. I've called the doctors, so have to wait to speak to a doctor before I can see one, which is also very stressful. It's my birthday today as well, so hard to enjoy when feeling like this.

I just want to wish you a Happy Birthday, Mischa..but please do yourself a big favour on your birthday-a special day-and stop monitoring your heart rate? Just as a birthday treat because I know you can't stop doing it as it's a compulsion/habit now. I know you won't feel "safe" doing this though which is ironic as you are causing yourself more stress and harm by continuing such an unnecessary practice.

@Pulisa! Hi, thanks for the birthday wish, that's really kind of you!

I know, I was doing so well for so long with that, but since Friday, it's been playing on my mind, I keep thinking ''why is my heart rate higher than normal? Why won't it go down to normal, I'm lying down but its still high? Is it abnormal heart problem?'' and so on and so on, which kind of set me off all weekend.

I get silly things in my mind, like if I read that a normal heart rate is between 60-100, I keep thinking, why does mine go over a 100 (though not by very much, but enough to keep me focused on it). I am taking it easy today though, sometimes I'm getting anxious throughout the day, but trying to manage it better. I think when I see the pulse rate, and I see it jump or stop for a fraction of a second, I think ''that must be an irregular heart beat'', and that is what is catching my focus, honestly no idea why right now.

Anyway, it's too true how this is causing me more stress, that I agree with wholeheartedly. I spoke to my doctor over the phone today, and he didn't seem overly concerned, and thinks its down to my anxiety, and said if I needed to take an extra dose of my propranolol I could, but I'm going to stick to just the 10mg a day for now, and see how I go this week. It's honestly very hard, especially if I get a flutter or something, so just have to find a way to not become frozen with fear.

Thanks again for the birthday wish Pulisa! Hope you're doing well!

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread Information