Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Oh you are doing so well with the not checking, keep it up!

What context is the tingling in? Could be anything, but it’s not a stroke x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It just feels tingly, slightly warm, and not numb as in if I pinch my cheek I can't feel anything, more like pins and needles sort of numbness of that makes any sense? Lol!

Yeah, had a split moment where I was thinking about stroke, and a couple other bad things, as I was also getting pains in my left arm too x

It’s because your current focus seems to be on stroke & heart problems.
    Once that passes then the tingling will pass.

It’s because your current focus seems to be on stroke & heart problems.
    Once that passes then the tingling will pass.

Yeah, haven't had any on my face today as of yet, so could be just a little nerve thing. Tried to refocus my thoughts elsewhere today, and was out for a large part of my day. Had a few aches and pains but was controllable.

It's been a struggle trying to feel "normal", as I have depression as well, which has been quite bad of recently, with all the feelings it comes with such as; not wanting to do anything, very low mood, sweet cravings, switched off, not focused etc.

Now I'm worried if I'm peeing enough, as I seem to not be going as much lately but drinking plenty of water. So, I don't know lol! Call me worry wort.

I'm really struggling to sleep and feeling very panicky trying to. Everything I try to lay down to sleep, I started getting weird sensations all over my body and I don't know why or what it is?

My legs go slightly heavy, my feet go tingly (mainly left foot), chest, my throat and tongue feels tight and dry. It's very scary and hard to fall asleep when it happens.

I discovered a bald spot in my hair near the front, it's about the size of a small penny or cent. Where it is is noticeable on my fringe (bangs). It is just a round bald spot, I noticed it couple weeks ago, and it's starting to bother me a lot now, and worry me. I have dark brown hair so you can see it when I hve my hair parted down the middle and where my fringe starts slightly to the right of it.

Is it a sign of something wrong with my immune system?

Beside the cosmetic appearance, I'm more concerned theirs something else going on in my body, what could have caused this or is causing this?

How awful for your family, your poor Mum.

You’re in shock so will be feeling all sorts of sensations at the moment.
    Your Mum will be fine, she has been checked over & just needs to rest and relax, same as you. She might be worried about you, so please stop watching her & just rest.

You’re not having a heart attack, your body is full of adrenaline and needs to rest.

How awful for your family, your poor Mum.

You’re in shock so will be feeling all sorts of sensations at the moment.
    Your Mum will be fine, she has been checked over & just needs to rest and relax, same as you. She might be worried about you, so please stop watching her & just rest.

You’re not having a heart attack, your body is full of adrenaline and needs to rest.

I know you're right, I think I'm just looking for reassurance. We're actually worrying about each other and wishing their wad more I could do to help her. Thankfully the emergency doctor is based two minutes from our house. I'm keeping an eye on my mum, and I'm just panicking because of my sensations as well.

Sorry if I sounded hysterical, I was but I got such a fright and after the doctors with my mum I immediately came here to talk about my sensations and what happened.

Mum is resting now, and making sure she does also.. That person has been dealt with by the authorities but we'll have to wait and see now.

I can't sleep as well because of all this, and worry, and many things.

Thanks Scass, you're always kind to me. I'm so sorry if I sounded like a raving hysterical hyena lol, I was but I think I had a valid reason and not about me (not wholly anyway), so I came here as this is the place I feel safe enough to talk about all this with.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 ----------

BTW, would you still have adrenaline rushing like that on propranolol beta blockers?

---------- Post added at 04:40 ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 ----------

Heart is still beating hard, and a little fast. Pinching pains in different parts of my left arm, back left shoulder blade is very tender and aching, lots of crunching sounds.

Heart sounds louder and faster when laying down, obvious can't sleep, so I'm very worried state.

You didn’t sound hysterical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were!

My daughter fell on Friday and from a simple fall broke her collarbone. We spent a few hours at urgent care, and by the time she fell asleep that night I was a wreck! Burst into tears, couldn’t sleep and felt awful all day on Saturday! Yet she was the one who was being brave & just getting on with life! I think I’m trying to show that I was in shock too & for something less horrific. I can’t particularly tell you my sensations as I don’t tune into every twinge anymore like you might. But I was shaky, unsteady, nauseated... I suspect my pulse was racing but I don’t ever check it.

So yes I imagine that you do get all of those panic sensations. Now you just have to focus on the fact that your Mum is ok and safe. And you’ll eventually start to feel better.

You didn’t sound hysterical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were!

My daughter fell on Friday and from a simple fall broke her collarbone. We spent a few hours at urgent care, and by the time she fell asleep that night I was a wreck! Burst into tears, couldn’t sleep and felt awful all day on Saturday! Yet she was the one who was being brave & just getting on with life! I think I’m trying to show that I was in shock too & for something less horrific. I can’t particularly tell you my sensations as I don’t tune into every twinge anymore like you might. But I was shaky, unsteady, nauseated... I suspect my pulse was racing but I don’t ever check it.

So yes I imagine that you do get all of those panic sensations. Now you just have to focus on the fact that your Mum is ok and safe. And you’ll eventually start to feel better.

Oh my God, I'm so sorry to heart that Scass, I'm glad she is ok, I know, I feel exactly like you, it's the shock of those closest to you getting hurt, then you end up getting sensations and feeling worse.

Like myself, and it's distressing. Yeah, I'm still getting little pains in my chest and arm, and my heart is racing a little still but not badly at the moment. Mum is ok, she is resting, and we're going to our doctors tomorrow as well anyway,.

Today it's like stinging needle like pains over my stomach area, which had probably upset my IBS so, that is great lol. Yeah, just very tired, was feeling very anxious and was panicking I was having a mini stroke or a heart attack, then I'm worrying about my mum or dad getting worse or sick, and yeah lol I'm a little bit of a panicking mess at the moment.

Going doctors tomorrow as well, so will post back here and update on the situation. Thanks Scass, hope you're OK too and your daughter x

Yes she’s fine, thank you! Kids are so very resilient and brave. They really teach you a thing or two about life! I’d be refusing to get out of bed, and she’s just pootling along only using one arm like nothing had happened.

I get those stinging pains in my stomach sometimes when I’ve eaten too much cheese! So yes it’s probably your ibs.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information