Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Woah Woah Woah, hang on a minute. I'm not disrespecting anyone, that's really hurtful. I couldn't get a cohesive thread because their were different answers that didn't relate to what was being talked about.
    Respectfully, as I stated on the thread you deleted, Admin merged your threads because they all follow the same pattern.

Basically, every response is the same...

Post a fear... Lymphoma, brain tumors, dizziness etc... Get several replies of reassurance then another list of symptoms and a "thanks anyway".

Yes, when people take the time to respond and give advice and reassurance, it is disrespectful to delete the thread and start another asking the same questions. The thread was cohesive to me and to everyone else Perhaps it wasn't cohesive to you because your thoughts aren't cohesive and the answers were not what you wanted to hear You literally went through close to a dozen irrational fears in that thread! From low body temperature to PE and several in between!

Why do YOU think you can't stop thinking about a PE or any other illness you don't have for that matter? I understand that the site is here to help support those with anxiety but when you disregard that support by deleting your threads, it is disrespectful.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

@FishManpa

I am sorry if you took it as disrespectful, I've never been rude or disrespecting in my life to anyone. I've sent my message to delete my account now, so I won't be here anymore. As I always said before, I always appreciated everyone's response. Always.

Regards,

Mischa.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You don't seem to be able to empathise as to why others would be annoyed at your behaviour, yet you're very sensitive to being challenged on posting your daily symptoms (a la blog).

There is only so much support we can give someone who is reluctant to change. Yet that support can't have meant much to you, because you deleted the whole lot, not thinking of the time others had spent trying to help you, or how it could help others in a similar situation.

Wish you well if you decide to leave.

Never Surrender, Comrade

After thinking it overnight, I'm not going to do that. I have apologized for deleting that thread, so if apology is accepted or not is up to said people, I won't keep doing it over and over again, it's exhausting over something so very small compared to my mental well being (which is in a very unstable place and the last day didn't help me).

So, from here on, if I need to talk about something that I'm afraid of, whether I repeat myself several times, the thread won't be deleted, but nor will I feel guilty for what is happening in my head at that time. I suffer with depression, have done for years, it doesn't help feeling guilty for more things than I need too, my own personal life is hard enough without online guilt too. My anxiety is an ongoing thing as well, I have OCD, so please be understanding to the way I am, I can repeat myself, I can misunderstand what someone says, I can forget what people have said yesterday or 5 minutes ago if it hasn't stuck in my thoughts there and then.

I've never been rude, never disrespectful in anything I've said. I apologized for causing offense by deleting the older thread, and that is as far as this needs to go now. I like it on here, many people have messaged me privately, had comforting talks, people got to know me, really know me, help and advise me. When some people say I don't listen or take it in, well, I do, I even write down what some people say so I can go back and reaffirm it to myself when I'm not online so I can cope. Now, I will probably ask advice again, but don't want to feel guilty for doing so, because I need help here, in this moment in time. Some days I'll be fine for a good while, others, well, the evidence is there.

So please don't bombard me with guilt or about being disrespectful, if I've apologized, accept it and let it be the end of any arguments. I suffer on a daily basis, I don't need to suffer from more stuff than I already do. So please be understanding too, I am getting help, I've said that a million times, but sometimes I need reassurance. I have always respected and been polite to everyone who helps me, and think highly of all who do, never once done anything out of malice or spite.

I have Depression, Anxiety, OCD and sometimes my thoughts are muddled and things don't go through as they should, but I won't be ashamed of that, sometimes as I said, I ask for reassurance, advice or what I should do. That is all.

Thank you,

Mischa.

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

(UPDATE) Anyone just seeing this thread and getting confused by the thread title to the messages, please look at the beginning of the thread where I posted my concern, it was about Pulmonary Embolisms and my fears of them.

The rest of this debate has been quelled, so any new posts on here are now to be related to the actual thread title and it's concerns. I am also here if anyone needs to talk to, you can private message me or post in this thread, and we can help each other.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

P.s. Don't ever get into a conversation with someone online about Pulmonary Embolisms, because I did that the other day, and ended up twice as worse as I was! They proceeded to tell me how they had a PE and all their symptoms their doctor, the paramedics in the ambulance all put it down to Anxiety. Their symptoms were "only" a small pinching pain in their chest.

Yes.
    That was a bad idea on my part to get into a conversation with that person, as it made me really panicky and then my breathing and throat got tighter and I felt very tense and anxious all day. Such a bad idea to do that to myself, especially because I am still getting a little short of breath, not much, but it's still there, and a horrible night's sleep as well. That is something I'm struggling with at the moment is getting more than 4-5 hours sleep, as I keep getting those hypno-something jerks, and sometimes where one of my arms or legs feels like it's falling or going heavy or something, kinda scary so takes a while to fall asleep nowadays.

Yes, so that has been my experience the last day, and that person has made me very stressed after talking to them about my personal fears etc. I had generally thought that it was due to a blood clot in the leg or pelvic region that broke off? Or other medical causes like being hospitalized?

After that conversation, I am now feeling agitated just sitting down for more than an hour (I'm always fidgeting my feet and legs or get up every so often, as a doctor once told me to do that can help circulation, as obviously they sit at a desk all day too) so I've been pacing up and down all day today trying not to sit for too long, it's hard when you work from home though. So, yes, what are your thoughts on this?

I mean, I'm not going to take in everything this person says, but I don't know anything other than what I've read about PE's and I've always had a terrible fear because many things I've read says no symptoms, or will say breathlessness/shortness of breath, anxious, chest pains. So, when you read that, what do you think immediately?

I know I end up thinking the worst of it, and today I've had mild breathlessness or shortness of breath whatever way you word it, feels tight slightly constricted. That person just totally set me off after talking to them about it, as I foolishly thought it could help.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Oh, can someone tell me if this is true? I also had mentioned about Beta Blockers (I'm on Propranolol) and they said that it can hide the symptoms of a PE because it slows down your heart? That was the striking blow that sent me into a very panicked state yesterday and today.

Is that true? About Beta Blockers or about PE's? That it can hide or mask the symptoms of PE...scary if it's true.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 07-08-18 at 00:43.

Okay, I'm very paranoid now about my breathing. That person I was talking to about my shortness of breath and my fear of Pulmonary Embolism, kept sending me messages saying I need to go to A&E, and get some CT scan, I don't even know what it is! I was having a simple private conversation, about how I was having a little shortness of breath, and so on, and then the subject of Pulmonary Embolisms were brought up again, and well, it set me into panic mode.

Here I am now. Feeling very concerned about my (mild) shortness of breath and tightness being an PE. I mean, would I know I had a PE? Or is it like this person I've been speaking said,

"it comes and goes, I was fine one minute, then a little breathless, and it was fine. I didn't know until I was rushed to hospital, I'm 29, I didn't think it would happen to me either. Get to the hospital."

Yep, that is what set me off. Now I'm thinking I may miss something, or it'll get worse. It hadn't actually been that bad last couple of days as well, but not so sure anymore? Then I'm questioning my lifestyle, like I know I need to lose a few pounds, and get out more, but I don't ever move when I say sedentary I mean I sit most of the day, but I walk my dogs, and do little things around the house is what I mean by sedentary.

Should I be worried about this? I'm starting to feel worried about what this person said.

It is probably the heat to be honest. I am really struggling with breathing at the moment.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The breathlessness has been going on for a while, you’ve been checked over by a doctor who said you were fine.
    If you still don’t feel fine, then go again. Go to A&E, it’s your body, your breathing, and your anxiety, depression and OCD. I am not medically trained, and I’m not getting enough of a respond from you about your symptoms to give my opinion. So maybe you do need to go back. It’s what the doctor is there for after all. Or, if you don’t think you’ll believe them, go and get help at the hospital, or a walk in.

Have you considered keeping a diary for a few days about your breathing? Writing exactly when you have problems? What you were doing at the time etc? I think this could help either you, your doctor or whomever on this forum read your question.

Out of interest and respect, would you prefer that I don’t respond to you anymore? I was one of the only people responding to your deleted thread and I’d hate to be some kind of bad energy for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Also, I am also struggling with my breathing in the heat, and I’m asthmatic which is why I take an interest in your breathing posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    The breathlessness has been going on for a while, you’ve been checked over by a doctor who said you were fine.
    If you still don’t feel fine, then go again. Go to A&E, it’s your body, your breathing, and your anxiety, depression and OCD. I am not medically trained, and I’m not getting enough of a respond from you about your symptoms to give my opinion. So maybe you do need to go back. It’s what the doctor is there for after all. Or, if you don’t think you’ll believe them, go and get help at the hospital, or a walk in.

Have you considered keeping a diary for a few days about your breathing? Writing exactly when you have problems? What you were doing at the time etc? I think this could help either you, your doctor or whomever on this forum read your question.

Out of interest and respect, would you prefer that I don’t respond to you anymore? I was one of the only people responding to your deleted thread and I’d hate to be some kind of bad energy for you.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Also, I am also struggling with my breathing in the heat, and I’m asthmatic which is why I take an interest in your breathing posts.

Please don't be another person having a go at me. I aologized for deleting that thread, if you posted on there before I saw anything you posted, it wasn't out of malice or trying to create drama.

I don't know how many more times I can say this, but I've always taken notice or what everyone is saying, in my above post I even spoke about how I wrote things people had said so I could go over them whenever I was having bad thoughts. I've explained how I'm receiving help this month, I've explained how I have bad episodes and forget things people say, or don't know what to say because my heads gone blank.

If I'm annoying anyone that much then just ignore me and I won't cause any upset or hurt to anyone by my repetitive behaviour. I can't help every single thought I have or when I panic and ask something for the 10th time. Usually, I'll be able to get back to my normal mental state.

I'm writing down my symptoms daily, and I'll probably make an appointment to see my doctor as I've other routine things to get checked as well.

I've annoyed you, and I've apologized, and I don't know what more I can do. I'll thank you for replying, at the very least.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It is probably the heat to be honest. I am really struggling with breathing at the moment.
    Yeah, luckily it isn't as warm now, it's more just clammy in the air. Thanks for getting back to us, I'll try relax.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Please don't be another person having a go at me. I aologized for deleting that thread, if you posted on there before I saw anything you posted, it wasn't out of malice or trying to create drama.

I don't know how many more times I can say this, but I've always taken notice or what everyone is saying, in my above post I even spoke about how I wrote things people had said so I could go over them whenever I was having bad thoughts. I've explained how I'm receiving help this month, I've explained how I have bad episodes and forget things people say, or don't know what to say because my heads gone blank.

If I'm annoying anyone that much then just ignore me and I won't cause any upset or hurt to anyone by my repetitive behaviour. I can't help every single thought I have or when I panic and ask something for the 10th time. Usually, I'll be able to get back to my normal mental state.

I'm writing down my symptoms daily, and I'll probably make an appointment to see my doctor as I've other routine things to get checked as well.

I've annoyed you, and I've apologized, and I don't know what more I can do. I'll thank you for replying, at the very least.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Yeah, luckily it isn't as warm now, it's more just clammy in the air. Thanks for getting back to us, I'll try relax.

I honestly don’t know how what I wrote caused you offence.

You've been nothing but respectful, Scass and have only tried to help.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information