Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Yes I get that and I’m almost certain it’s your ibs, or just gastric noises / symptoms.

Keep your head up, you’re doing so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for late reply Scass, life has just been a bit rough at the moment, but I'm doing my best to get through it. I'll keep prodding along lol!

Been having some pain in between my chest area, mild but been last few days. I took my oximeter tonight and it was going all over the place, from as low as 93-98, but seems to be staying at a low of 94-96, not sure if that's normal.

Also finding it hard to sleep at night again, but I'm feeling as though my heart is stopping and I have to catch my breath, I'm feeling panicky something is wrong with my heart.

I'm having a really hard time lately with sleep, and going asleep, a fear of it, because of the possibility of not waking up ya know?

Is it sleep apnea? Ya know with having those moments where I feel like my heart stops and I can't catch my breath, or as I'm trying to fall asleep, I jolt up trying to catch my breath. So, sleep apnea or what? This is making me super anxious and stressed, and so exhausted as well.

Lately, my oxygen levels seem to on the lower side of normal, well, of what I'm use too. 94-96% this seems to be the readings I'm getting, even when sitting upright.

I'm sorry. I know I'm ranting a bit lately, I am a bit stressed lately, I'm over thinking a lot too, I don't mean to lay it all here, honestly it's just a bad episode.

It’s not sleep apnea, it’s just another anxiety symptom. As soon as you let it go, it’ll go.

No idea about the oxygen, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s not sleep apnea, it’s just another anxiety symptom. As soon as you let it go, it’ll go.

No idea about the oxygen, sorry.

It's horrible having that fear, especially when you're trying to go to sleep, it just makes it very hard. Cause then you fear going asleep as well, ya know.

I don't know, yeah the oxygen thing, mine is usually 97, but fluctuates from 95-99, but last couple of days its just been between 94-96/97. I'm not sure, I thought it was a symptom of Sleep Apnea, or some disorder affecting my sleep, or related to those jolts I get at night, or the feeling like I've stopped breathing for a moment.

I know anxiety has a lot to do with it, but I can't put those thoughts out of my head, thinking what if, at the moment anyway. Which also means, I'm extremely tired too.

Thanks Scass.

I'm wanting to start weening off the 80mg Propranolol slow release (the capsule with the little beads inside), to Propranolol 10mg (tablet Inderal) 4x a day. Which would be half of what I'm taking at the moment.

Is there a difference in this drug to the slow release or is it the exact same drug? I'm just always very panicky when starting a new drug of any kind, and need advice?

I'm very confused by all the information out there, and how to ween to a lower dose. Is there effects from going from 80mg slow release to a quick release 10mg inderal propranolol?
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 21-10-18 at 21:29.

I asked my local pharmacist about the lower dose, and he said it was the same drug as the Propranolol 80mg slow release, only difference is the 10mg Inderal Propranolol is quick release. Anyway, on the packet he said it says "one to be taken three times daily as required", so that means if I were to take 4, there'd be no harm with it?

As it'll be halving my dose, this stuff always makes me nervous. I'm not wanting to come off Propranolol completely, just a lower dose.

I've been on the 10mg Propranolol (Inderal) 4x a day, and the first couple of days I was having weird heart flutters and jumps. What I'm finding hard to get use to is my heart rate being higher than it was.

When I was on the 80mg slow release, I was use to my heart being in the 60's almost constantly (apart from moving about and such, but mostly).

Now, it's way back up in the 80's, it does go down into the 70's but it's hard to get use to it beating faster again, and I feel like I have slight palpitations. I'm not having any chest pains, sometimes I might feel a twinge, but very mildly. Yeah, it's the feeling of it beating faster that is unsettling because I got use to the slow release.

Will my heart rate settle down a bit after having the lower quick release doses?

I'm having heart utter, or feels irregular (like my heart will beat slower and then suddenly jump up a few beats and seems to be beating harder). Also feeling a little breathless, or restricted, so now starting to get very anxious that it's damaged my heart or something? Or what?

---------- Post added at 03:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

My heart seems to be jumping around, going from low 60's then straight back up to 80's, it's unsettling me. Is this normal going on a lower dose after being on the slow release 80mg dose? Palpitations? I'm very scared at the moment.

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information