Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I honestly don’t know how what I wrote caused you offence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not offended? I don't understand? I meant because you seemed mad at me, that I had apologised to everyone for the previous deleted thread?

If your chest has been checked and deemed fine and you have no other symptoms the chance of you having a PE is slim to none. That is fact not opinion. People with untreated PEs have severe symptoms and wouldn’t be be sitting writing forum posts they would be in A&E. Yes there are 1 in a million people like your friend, but they are the exception not the norm. Or else we’d constantly be told to check minor chest pain and death rates from undiagnosed PE would hit the papers.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You've been nothing but respectful, Scass and have only tried to help.
    I know everyone has been respectful, I pointing out everyone's annoyance with me and how many times I've apologized for it, and I can't keep apologizing for the deleted thread, or with everybody being mad at me.

I never said anyone was being rude, or disrespectful, I would never do that, please understand. I was responding to Scass's comment which seemed like they were mad with me, and that I had apologized for the deleted thread, I would never disrespect Scass, they've been nothing but nice to me, I was responding to the post they just made on the thread, that seemed like they were mad at me.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I know everyone has been respectful, I pointing out everyone's annoyance with me and how many times I've apologized for it, and I can't keep apologizing for the deleted thread, or with everybody being mad at me.

I never said anyone was being rude, or disrespectful, I would never do that, please understand. I was responding to Scass's comment which seemed like they were mad with me, and that I had apologized for the deleted thread, I would never disrespect Scass, they've been nothing but nice to me, I was responding to the post they just made on the thread, that seemed like they were mad at me.
    Maybe have a re-read of Scass' response? She just asked you a polite question- she was in no way "mad" at you.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

You mustn't see yourself as a victim on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lm48 View Post
    If your chest has been checked and deemed fine and you have no other symptoms the chance of you having a PE is slim to none. That is fact not opinion. People with untreated PEs have severe symptoms and wouldn’t be be sitting writing forum posts they would be in A&E. Yes there are 1 in a million people like your friend, but they are the exception not the norm. Or else we’d constantly be told to check minor chest pain and death rates from undiagnosed PE would hit the papers.
    I know, it probably doesn't help the kind of day I had where I just felt like giving up on everything, sometimes it just feels like my world is caving in and I'm struggling to get through each day.

I'm trying to rationalize my thoughts, it's very hard the state I've been in the last couple of days, and today was a living nightmare, it's surprising how one thing goes wrong and then everything else crumbles around you.

Thanks lm48, hope I haven't given you a headache with this stuff, I don't mean too, and today well, it's pushed me to the limit of what I can take to be honest, where all I can see is that black hole.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Maybe have a re-read of Scass' response? She just asked you a polite question- she was in no way "mad" at you.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

You mustn't see yourself as a victim on this thread.
    I'm honestly not seeing myself as a victim, I just don't want anyone being mad at me, it literally tears me apart even when someone gets annoyed with me. Because I come here often, I just don't want anyone disliking me or finding me unbearable. I care a lot, very much.

I know, it probably doesn't help the kind of day I had where I just felt like giving up on everything, sometimes it just feels like my world is caving in and I'm struggling to get through each day.

I'm trying to rationalize my thoughts, it's very hard the state I've been in the last couple of days, and today was a living nightmare, it's surprising how one thing goes wrong and then everything else crumbles around you.

Thanks lm48, hope I haven't given you a headache with this stuff, I don't mean too, and today well, it's pushed me to the limit of what I can take to be honest, where all I can see is that black hole.
    I understand that, but it won’t get better unless you seek help. I know this first hand, I’m sure we all do deep down. My Dad actually had a PE and even after that, never worried about another. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad, I’m just highlighting that’s how rare it actually is, even in someone with a history. Especially considering the majority are related to a broken DVT from your leg, if you don’t have any symptoms of that the chance is even more minute. If you don’t try and get some help you will keep on coming back to the same worry and no amount of convincing will make you feel better, you just need more each time. It’s like an addiction.

The problem is that you may not like what people have to say because it isn't what you want to read. That doesn't mean that they are mad at you-it just means that they are trying to challenge your way of thinking, that's all.

The problem is that you may not like what people have to say because it isn't what you want to read. That doesn't mean that they are mad at you-it just means that they are trying to challenge your way of thinking, that's all.
    I know, it's just hard reading online to fully understand that it comes across that way rather than being annoyed. I would never be anything but grateful for all the help and advice I get on here, honestly.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

I understand that, but it won’t get better unless you seek help. I know this first hand, I’m sure we all do deep down. My Dad actually had a PE and even after that, never worried about another. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad, I’m just highlighting that’s how rare it actually is, even in someone with a history. Especially considering the majority are related to a broken DVT from your leg, if you don’t have any symptoms of that the chance is even more minute. If you don’t try and get some help you will keep on coming back to the same worry and no amount of convincing will make you feel better, you just need more each time. It’s like an addiction.
    I know you're right. I am getting help my CBT therapy classes start on the 24th of this month, so hopefully that will help in more ways than one. My dad would be very much like yours, my dad had a heart attack (was actually there when he was having it, he was 65 at the time, but he was very relaxed at the time it was happening, and all the years later, he never worries about one thing wrong with him. I do be fascinated by his calmness, I would love to be like that, and not be so frightened and scared of everything).

You're right, it's like an addiction, as I know my OCD is a compulsive behaviour stemming from anxious thoughts an trying to control everything around me.

Thanks LM48, was really helpful, it's calmed me a little tonight at least, so I do appreciate that a lot right now

I know, it's just hard reading online to fully understand that it comes across that way rather than being annoyed. I would never be anything but grateful for all the help and advice I get on here, honestly.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

I know you're right. I am getting help my CBT therapy classes start on the 24th of this month, so hopefully that will help in more ways than one. My dad would be very much like yours, my dad had a heart attack (was actually there when he was having it, he was 65 at the time, but he was very relaxed at the time it was happening, and all the years later, he never worries about one thing wrong with him. I do be fascinated by his calmness, I would love to be like that, and not be so frightened and scared of everything).

You're right, it's like an addiction, as I know my OCD is a compulsive behaviour stemming from anxious thoughts an trying to control everything around me.

Thanks LM48, was really helpful, it's calmed me a little tonight at least, so I do appreciate that a lot right now
    That’s ok hopefully we will both get some benefit from our CBT and start to be more like our Dads!

That’s ok hopefully we will both get some benefit from our CBT and start to be more like our Dads!
    Then we'll be doing well! Dad's just seem very calm by nature, hopefully it rubs off as I get older would be nice!

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information