Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain In Side of Ribs - Could It Be Pulmonary Embolism?

Re: I Can't Stop Worrying About Pulmonary Embolisms? Why?

Your temperature is fine and you are fine. If you could leave it all alone for 24 hours, maybe get out of the house and stop checking yourself for a while then you will soon realise that you are fine. You don’t have sepsis or a blood clot.

Also, stop watching/reading the news for a while as it just triggers your fears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Your temperature is fine and you are fine. If you could leave it all alone for 24 hours, maybe get out of the house and stop checking yourself for a while then you will soon realise that you are fine. You don’t have sepsis or a blood clot.

Also, stop watching/reading the news for a while as it just triggers your fears.

Sorry Scass, I had a bad night and woke up feeling panicky and just got a little hysterical. I'm going to try go out for a while, and then try distract myself at least for a while. Sorry, I was having a very panicky couple days.

It’s ok, we all have them. It’s how you deal with it after that is important. I hope you had a nice time out. Although if you got as drenched as me then I’m sorry for suggesting you go out!

It’s ok, we all have them. It’s how you deal with it after that is important. I hope you had a nice time out. Although if you got as drenched as me then I’m sorry for suggesting you go out!

Lol! No, I just missed it, I got a little panicky after half an hour, so came home. It was good to get some fresh air, got some little aches and pains but mildly.

I'm probably not coping as well as I normally did before, and it's a little rougher than I had before with it all. I'm trying to find better ways to get through it, but can't promise I won't have a bad day again, just have to kind of get through them and go from there.

Thanks Scass!

It’s ok to admit to not coping very well. I’m glad getting out helped a bit.

It’s ok to admit to not coping very well. I’m glad getting out helped a bit.

It did. Tonight I'm feeling a little short of breath and was getting little pains in my chest and left arm, but trying not to get overwhelmed and try not get into a state again.

Yeah, sometimes I can't cope at all with it, and end up panicking and it can be very frustrating for everyone around me, I know that. Okay days I'm working towards for now.

---------- Post added at 03:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

I don't know what just happened, I got in bed, then all of a sudden I got a sudden wave of panic, followed by my heart racing, and I felt warm,m and like I was getting sweaty. My left arm started getting pinching pains, now it's tingling in my finger in my left arm. It was a sudden wave.

Now the left side of my back is very tender and I'm still getting pains in my left arm, I'm really starting to freak out. My mind is racing what it could be, from heart attack, stroke and other things as well.

Could it be something serious like these? I feel jittery now, my left armpit feels tight or something, don't know how to explain it. I'm shaking.

---------- Post added at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 ----------

I don't know what happened. I was fine, then all of a sudden, I felt weird, like my neck went a little stiff, then my left arm I got sharp pains in it and under my armpit felt tight. My shoulder feels hot on the left. I suddenly got palpitations and felt suddenly warm or like I was burning up. After, I started shaking.

Was it a mini heart attack? I don't understand what just happened? My left arm is still feeling a little pinching pain every so often, and my left shoulder still feels hot.

I feel very startled and anxious, or however to say it. I feel drained. My chest feels just tight, not constricted, just tight. And my neck feels sore.

No. I think you often have anxiety when you’re in bed, so this was probably an anxiety response that scared you into panic.

I’d recommend a calming bedtime routine. And I definitely think you would benefit from listening to progressive muscle relaxation once you’re in bed. Every night until it starts to sink in, it’s what I did and years later i can still calm myself down from it.

No. I think you often have anxiety when you’re in bed, so this was probably an anxiety response that scared you into panic.

I’d recommend a calming bedtime routine. And I definitely think you would benefit from listening to progressive muscle relaxation once you’re in bed. Every night until it starts to sink in, it’s what I did and years later i can still calm myself down from it.

Hi Scass, that's actually what I had on last night. I don't know what has brought this on, woke up this morning felt okay, then it started again, but I got really hot all of a sudden, and started getting palpitations. So, I've made an appointment to see my doctor today at 3:40 and sort this out. I didn't think I would get palpitations while taking Propranolol though?

I just feel a little shaky, and out of sorts. I took my temperature this morning, it seems fine around 97.0-97.3 was what came out.

What starts worryng me when this happened and this morning, was tmit turning out to be some sort of heart problem, heart attack, or it's an infection, and then I get worse. Because you always read about one of those things making people feel anxious too, so I'm not in a good place today. This came on yesterday, and it's still here, so I'll go to my GP and see.

Thanks Scass.

Hope your gp can help.

Hope your gp can help.

Yeah, hopefully. Honestly don't know what brought this on, so better to go see the doctor than make myself worse.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

I know I'm asking a lot of questions here but would a small burn cause an infection that would lead to Sepsis?

On my left arm, two days ago, I bumped into one of them incense sticks while it was lighting, and it made a small burn on my arm. I cleaned it with an antiseptic wipe (all I had) and the skin is growing back on it but it's a little pinkish around the burn mark. Should I be concerned about that?

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information