Hey there,

I'm a first time poster here, have been reading the forum for years though. Three years ago I had visible blood in my urine when I peed in the midst of a basketball game. I was scared to death, but after a kidney scan and a cystoscopy nothing was found, even though there was still a tiny trace of blood in my urine. I was told blood in urine is a diagnosis of exclusion, and since they ruled out everything I was let go.
Fast forward three years and the day after a basketball game (not during) I peed visible blood again. It was a physical game and I fell hard on my lower back after being pushed through the ground, but to me that doesn't explain why there is blood in my urine the day after instead of after the game? I have been to the doctor already, and after more than a week there is still microscopic blood in my urine (the visible blood disappeared the same day). I'm devastated, because I now have to go the same route as 3 years ago, which, to be honest, was close to traumatic for me. I'm making an appointment this week with the urologist, doc said she's not worried because of my age (38) but wants to be sure so better safe than sorry.

The reason why I'm posting this is to look for a bit of reassurance of course, but mostly advise how to sit out the waiting? I can't think of anything else, I'm catastrophising all the time and it's hell. Thanks for any help.