Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Visible blood in urine

Re: Visible blood in urine

Quote Originally Posted by Arie12 View Post
    I have to wait three more weeks before my first test, and today was a bad day. I went full Google today in hope of finding people who had blood in urine the day after a sports game, but there is so little info on this subject. I only found info I didn't need of course. My wife and family are already tired of my constant worrying and I fully understand. Statistically there is a small chance, but I can not convince myself of a positive outcome. I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe for the illusion of some control
    Keep in mind that 90% of people diagnosed with bladder cancer are 55 and older, 75% are aged 65+

Thanks for the support. If I'm strictly rational I know the odds are in my favor (I'm a very light smoker though). I'm just not good with uncertainty and medical tests. The rest of this and last year have been filled with other fears and anxieties, it's like it never stops.
    Have you decided yet if you will do the full workup?

Thanks for the support. If I'm strictly rational I know the odds are in my favor (I'm a very light smoker though). I'm just not good with uncertainty and medical tests. The rest of this and last year have been filled with other fears and anxieties, it's like it never stops.
    Have you decided yet if you will do the full workup?
    I am still uncertain if Im going to do the workup. I have at least postponed it, mainly due to $$$ issues. The doctor really wants me to have it done, but seems to agree that it isn't urgent.

I can understand why you are doubting. I'm probably going to do the tests, but everything inside me wants to flee and just continue living. I know though that if I do this doubt will probably be back later on, so I just have to face my fears. I hope you will get some peace of mind.

That being said the feeling of dread is the worst. I feel very low at the moment. I hope we can look back a few months later and just laugh at it

I'm struggling big time. Unfortunately I have read of a few people who have received a bladder cancer diagnosis at a young age. It's disheartening. The closer the tests are getting the more I'm convinced it's not good. I have peed blood twice in the last 3 years, the last episode was a day after exercise and not after. I'm left looking for answers which I don't have. I know bladder cancer is rare at my age, but it does happen. To me that nullifies all statistics. I'm just really scared

I'm struggling big time. Unfortunately I have read of a few people who have received a bladder cancer diagnosis at a young age. It's disheartening. The closer the tests are getting the more I'm convinced it's not good. I have peed blood twice in the last 3 years, the last episode was a day after exercise and not after. I'm left looking for answers which I don't have. I know bladder cancer is rare at my age, but it does happen. To me that nullifies all statistics. I'm just really scared
    I did the math. 1 in 25000 men aged 35-44 will be diagnosed with bladder cancer in the US this year. Im sure the numbers are pretty similar in your country. So yes, it is possible, but the odds are pretty astronomical.

your bleeding incidents were 3 years apart. I am assuming if it were cancer the bleeding would be much more frequent.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a light smoker, that increases the chance a little bit. I do realize the chance is still small then. I guess you can't outrationalize fear. If you told me those odds for winning the lottery I would be 100% sure I would not win, but when it's the other way around...I'm guilty of googling, I know it's incredibly stupid but I still desperately need reassurance. Still more than a week of waiting...thanks again for the reply!

I did the same thing you did. I found the stories of the really young people who have bladder cancer. It scared me. But I try to keep the numbers in mind

I'm holding on to the numbers as well. I think you might have a case of leaky kidneys. I have read a ton of posts where microscropic blood was really nothing. I'm still torturing myself over what if questions. I'm also torturing myself with worst case scenario's. I guess I have to let go looking for the answers and let the medical professionals do their work. I wish you good news and a lot of peace of mind

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information