Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Visible blood in urine

Re: Visible blood in urine

CT scan is this week, cystoscopy is next week. I'm so hoping I can continue life a bit normal after that. It's been a constant fight between rationality and complete catastrophy. I have peed completely normal the past 3 weeks, don't know if that's good. I still think I have had a very minor kidney or bladder bruise, but with absolutely zero pain after a hard fall. On the other hand I'm catastrophizing badly and thinking it's the big C, they missen something three years ago and now it's back. I've contemplated cancelling all tests, but I know it must be done. I feel really bad and terrified. Just an update, I hope it will have a good ending.

Edit: the more I'm reasoning rationally, the more I'm convinced it's bladder cancer. The visible blood was out of the blue, not immediately after my basketball game, but a good 10-12 hrs later. Does this rule out a bruise? If it's a bruise it should've been in my urine immediately after, not 10-12 hrs later. I'm trying to come to terms with it, but it's the only option I can think of. I don't have any pain so no stones. At least we'll know in a few days. In all honesty I fear the worst...
    Last edited by Arie12; 24-02-20 at 16:02.

Good luck with the tests. Please report back to us with the results. And remember the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor.

Please dont cancel the tests. I know that eventually I am going to have to go through the tests if I want to get any peace of mind. Interestingly enough, I read that in the Netherlands they dont send patients with microhematuria through the workup if they are younger than 50. So I guess I wouldnt need the workup if I were over there. ALl of this seems very arbitrary.

Thanks again friend, I will do, though I hope it will be good news. I didn't know those were the guidelines. I have heard microscopic haematuria more and more as a normal phenomenon. But the tests will give you clarity.
    I'm still left with questions. My cystoscopy, the golden standard when it comes to BC, was completely clean 3 years ago. How much weight does that hold? How common is haematuria after a fall or bruise? I've been sick with the flu the day after my haematuria, maybe a UTI. So much questions....
    Google does not help. So many horror stories and negativity. I still hope the odds are in my favor. Thanks again

I was hoping though to hear from more people who have been through the same ordeal?

I have had this and I had kidney stones.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I believe I read that thread. Am I correct the stones were painless?

Quote Originally Posted by Arie12 View Post
    Thanks again friend, I will do, though I hope it will be good news. I didn't know those were the guidelines. I have heard microscopic haematuria more and more as a normal phenomenon. But the tests will give you clarity.
    I'm still left with questions. My cystoscopy, the golden standard when it comes to BC, was completely clean 3 years ago. How much weight does that hold? How common is haematuria after a fall or bruise? I've been sick with the flu the day after my haematuria, maybe a UTI. So much questions....
    Google does not help. So many horror stories and negativity. I still hope the odds are in my favor. Thanks again
    I do think an injury to the kidneys can cause hematuria. I think that is most likely the cause in your case. But it can be from other benign causes, like kidney stone. You mentioned you had no pain, but Ive read many kidney stones can cause mild pain or no pain at all.

Having a clear cystoscopy 3 years ago is a good sign. I can understand why they want to repeat the test after another bleeding episode.

Yes painless - I didn't know I had them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Arie12 View Post
    I was hoping though to hear from more people who have been through the same ordeal?
    I had it due to kidney stone as well.

Well, CT scan is done, I have also give blood. No more news, and trying to control my thoughts. The radialogist said it was interesting that I've had visible blood twice in three years, but as usual I did not have time to ask any detailed questions. Somewhere I'm still afraid they missed something three years ago. I hope to have good news next week, but the waiting is horror. I hope to report back soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information