Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Visible blood in urine

Re: Visible blood in urine

Do you get nervous when you go to the bathroom now? Worried that the blood will be back.

It is always in the back of my mind when i urinate...even though ive never had visible blood.

Right now it's not that bad, but that is because I'm getting it checked out. The past 3 years I have been very afraid of blood in my urine. Whenever my urine was darker I panicked. Get it checked man, even though I'm certain it's nothing.
    I'm still between hope and fear. Some days I'm convinced it's bad and other days I'm more rational. Sleep is bad with lots of waking up. I hope for the best

Well, the CT scan showed 2 small stones, so that's a bit of relief. Of course I looked up if a CT scan is reliable when it comes to finding tumors, and they seem to do just that. I'm still not fully convinced though. My bladder was fine on the CT scan, does that make the cystoscopy necessary? I will phone the urologist next week, I want to get out of this nightmare

Great news that there was nothing serious!

I think the urologist will still want to do a cystoscopy to check out the bladder. But the stones were most likely the cause of your bleeding.

And that still scares me. Why would they still do a cystoscopy if a CT scan has ruled it out? I'm still terrified they will find something with the cystoscopy. I hope it will all be ok

Oh so I was right about kidney stones then.

It is standard practice to do a cystoscopy as well - I have had 2 in the last few years.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, I don't know what to make of today. I had the appointment with my urologist, fully expecting a cystoscopy. My urologist said a cystoscopy wasn't necessary, since the kidney stones were an obvious reason for blood in my urine. The CT scan showed stones and nothing else, and that was basically it. I have been given medicine to release the stones, and a CT scan in 4 weeks to look if the stone has passed. He did not sound concerned. There is still blood in my urine, but that could be because of the stones.
    I'm not fully convinced, but I guess that comes with being a hypochondriac. A negative cystoscopy would have taken all the worry away, but he did not see it as necessary

They won't do procedures unless they are sure you need them as they carry risks in themselves.

The stones will cause the blood as they irritate the lining.

I was never given anything for mine - they must have just passed naturally as they tell me they have gone now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    They won't do procedures unless they are sure you need them as they carry risks in themselves.

The stones will cause the blood as they irritate the lining.

I was never given anything for mine - they must have just passed naturally as they tell me they have gone now.
    Did you feel reassurance after you consulted the urologist? I guess I'm still a bit afraid it's something else, but I guess the stones should be more than enough explanation. I guess I got to let it all sink in a bit, this was a terrible month. Thanks for the reply!

Well the blood stopped in the urine, the stones were going apparently so yeah I just moved on from it - not that it worried me anyway as I don't suffer with HA - but I understand how hard it is when you do.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information