Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tight chest

Tight chest

I’ve started to experience mild tightness in my chest I say mild as I don’t want people to say go to a and e because I know I don’t need to go to a and e I’m pretty certain it’s part of anxiety I wanted to ask who else had experienced this and if there is a way to relieve this as it is bother some. It started on the left and now it’s more on the right. I’ve had it about five days now thanks everyone x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Tight chest

Stop reading and researching about coronavirus?

I’m not reading about it I asked about right chest and anxiety

Yes I have, and it is to do with the way you breathe when you’re anxious. So if there’s something really stressing you out (coronavirus possibly) then you generally tense your muscles and breathe from your chest instead of from your belly. Hence aches and pains and a tight chest.

Phoenixess, the only thing I found that helped get rid of anxiety driven chest tightness was anxiety meds like lorazepam. Or some kind of muscle relaxer medication.

One thing that helped me was slow, deep breathing. You can find guided meditation type breathing exercises on YouTube. I know it sounds goofy but it really did help my chest tightness. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    One thing that helped me was slow, deep breathing. You can find guided meditation type breathing exercises on YouTube. I know it sounds goofy but it really did help my chest tightness. Good luck!
    Oh it's not goofy. Breathing techniques does work for some people or it at least helps with slowing down a fast heart rate. I do the breathing exercise all the time before or during a panic attack and recently I've been trying meditation myself. The way I look at it, couldn't hurt, right?

The best way to treat chest tightness is to try and not treat each individual symptom that comes along with anxiety. Doing that will have you chasing your tail for years.

Slow breathing and mediation is actually the best way to deal with the underlying anxiety, as long as you don't expect immediate and long lasting effects just because you slow your breathing down for 5 minutes. It's something you need to allocate time to several times a day, every day.

In short, your chest is tight because you're not relaxed, so find your way to relax.

Thanks guys
    Tonight is my first night I’ve had a clearer head for a little why so I guess it’s just getting my body to catch up! Going to keep trying the relaxation meditation videos I’ve seen on YouTube I did half of one earlier, Ive had a tough week for one reason and another so I’m learning to be able to relax again

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Thanks guys
    Tonight is my first night I’ve had a clearer head for a little why so I guess it’s just getting my body to catch up! Going to keep trying the relaxation meditation videos I’ve seen on YouTube I did half of one earlier, Ive had a tough week for one reason and another so I’m learning to be able to relax again

keep at it! Joe is right- it’s going to take more than once or twice for you to see results. But it will eventually help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information