Thread: Slight spotting after sex

Slight spotting after sex

Hi ladies,

So I had sex with my husband on Tues sorry Tmi, and after when I went to the loo and wiped I had a very small streaks of blood, I'm due a smear in may and all my smears have been normal, my last smear they said I had a cervical erosion and a prolapse womb also I have a sub mucosal fibroid so im no sure if this is what's caused it , I also think I am perimenopausal my bleeding has been erratic for a couple of years, which I was given test for this is when I found out I had the fibroid, that was nearly 2 years ago, i just want to know has this happened to anyone else, do i need to see a dr now or should i wait for my smear and is it possible cervical cancer could develope in just under 3 years, I'm trying my best not to freak out.

Many thanks

Re: Slight spotting after sex

Morning ladies, anyone who can offer some advice, I have e mailed Jo's cervical trust but it can take 7 days, I'm really trying not to panic but im constantly googling bad I know and it's on my mind24 7 so any reassurance would be appreciated
    Thanks xx

It’s actually really quite common and usually completely benign. As you’ve got your smear coming up and other logical reasons as to why it might of happened I’d take note of it and mention to a dr when possible but I really wouldn’t worry. You could always see about having the smear done a couple of months early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you for you reply, I'm just concerned that I may have develope cc in 3 years or they may have got my results wrong, I am due on any day now so it was quite close to my period like 5 days but I don't know if this would cause it to happen, you hear all these horror stories about women who have regular smears but go on to have cc, that's what scares me it's also made me fret even more about having my smear, I really don't want to have it but I know I have to.

Many thanks

Ladies I'm getting myself in a right mess over this, I've now convinced myself that I have full blown cervical cancer, even though I've had about 6 smears over 27 years and they have always come back normal, I don't smoke, I've been with my husband for 30 years but I'm convinced that hpv has been laying dormant for all these years and now its reared its ugly head and caused cc, please can someone talk some sence into me I know I'm being irrational again.

Take a breath. If it's within five days or so of your period that's probably what it is.

Thank you, I'm actually a day late , I do have a cervical erosion and a fibroid so im not sure if it could be one of those, and it was literally a very small streak like a scratch, I do sometime spot randomly but I was checked for this 2 years ago.

Sorry about the quick reply earlier - I needed to get into work. I know how terrifying spotting is, but over the past year or so it's become an occasional part of my landscape. I've spoken to my (smart, sensible) GP, and she told me that a lot that's said about period regularity is actually based on out-of-date, inaccurate information and that the reality is a lot more flexible than you'd necessarily think.

Thank you blue iris for you reassurance, its always a worry when you get blood when you shouldnt, I've had so many bleeding patterns over the past 2 years, heavier longer periods spotting before or after, longer intervals in between shorter interval you name it now this very light spotting after sex, I think I've had them all, I had a tvu and hyteroscopy 2 years ago and all they found was a fibroid, I just keep thinking maybe on my previous smears they have missed something or I have some super fast growing cancer, I'm so fed up with thinking the worst xxxx

Hi all, so I'm actually 5 days late, this happened to me last August I went 8 weeks without a period, so I assume this is down to menopause, I'm now wondering if this may have been mild cycle spotting, as the day before I had a streck of blood when I wiped after a BM sorry Tmi I just thought it was my piles(sorry) acting up, anyway I'm so confused over this it's in my every waking thought, I'm considering buying a hpv home test, from what I have read I don't have any high risk factors, don't smoke been with the same partner for 30 years, not on the pill, always had normal regular paps, but you read so many scare stories of women having normal smears and then going on to develope full blown cervical cancer, I've got myself into a mess over this and really need someone to calm me down.

Xxx

Thread Information